Volt is looking for a Factory Automation Engineer to work on-site with our customer John Deere in Moline, IL in a contingent position forecasted for 3 years. The position is needed to support 1st shift combine operations specifically for Factory Automation systems including: PLC programming, JDAAT Integration and AGV support. It will also support the main assembly line, paint and weld areas in conjunction with combine operations. In this role, you will:
- Support the Factory Automation solutions and tool sets.
- Support interfaces for communicating with shop floor devices.
- Be responsible for troubleshooting control logic and software including, but not limited to: relay ladder logic, PLCs, HMIs, and PC based logic.
- Work with Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Factory Automation Leads to ensure manufacturing and standardization goals are achieved.
- We need excellent communicators, who thrive on solving problems and working in a team environment.
- Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree in one of the following disciplines: Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related undergraduate degree. Equivalent work experience considered in lieu of a four-year degree.
- 1+ years' industry experience with PLCs
- 1+ years' industry experience with machine control hardware and software design.
- Strong interpersonal skills to obtain information from a variety of sources including ability to communicate and coordinate his/her activities with management, production and maintenance supervisors, process and product engineers, production and skilled trades personnel, and outside contractors and suppliers.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Experience interfacing/communicating with shop floor equipment via Ethernet
- Experience with SQL Server based software.
- Ability to investigate a request for revising an existing machine or system or creating a new design.
- Experience with control engineering applications: AutoCAD Electrical and Rockwell/Allen Bradley suites.
- Experience with multiple communication protocols (i.e. Ethernet, EIP, Telnet, Serial, CAN, DeviceNet).
Volt provides highly skilled contingent workers to local, national and international clients in all major industries. Volt has over 60 years of experience and is a leader in the industry. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions.
We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality of your career. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For immediate consideration please email resume look forward to hearing from you soon.
If you do not meet all the qualifications of the position listed here, please be sure to go to to see the other positions we have available that you may qualify.
Associated topics: architecture, cad, design engineer, engineer iii, engineer iv, hardware designer, ic, pcb, systems engineer, vlsi