What you'll be doing...
Verizon is investing in its network to improve the way we live, work, and communicate. Our network transformation will be critical for all our future connectivity businesses including new products such as IoT, 5G, and future smart cities. As part of this network transformation, you will help build one network engineered for growth for all lines of business. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Designing additions, upgrades, repairs and enhancements.
* Leading large scale complex projects.
* Managing vendor relationships.
* Selecting and pricing solutions based on the most effective, efficient, and timely design.
* Coordinating with internal departments and liaising with residential and business end-users, building contractors, and property owners to implement solutions appropriately.
* Creating winning outcomes for both us and our customers.
* Managing all engineering and construction activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure.
* Leading large scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverables.
* Engaging appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
* Coordinating project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants.
* Proposing solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
* Recognizing vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability - within financial constraints.
* Preparing detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business justifications.
* Processing reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and other administrative duties.
* Receiving general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
* Multi-tasking to effectively manage a wide range of simultaneous activities often interrupted by other demands.
* Responding immediately to network outages, coordinating necessary resources and activities for prompt and appropriate restoral.
* Current areas of responsibility include the Los Angeles area. Regular work conditions are 40 hours per week with limited travel. Extra hours and occasional weekend work may be required depending on business demands.
What we're looking for...
You know a lot about outside plant engineering practices. You enjoy analyzing problems and having the autonomy to select and implement the right solutions. While you work well independently, you are also a great team player and enjoy leading colleagues and coordinating efforts to ensure best outcomes. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you manage multiple assignments and competing priorities while staying focused on important deadlines. As a strong communicator, you can quickly build relationships with a diverse range of people and explain complex technical issues in a way that everyone can understand.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience working with outside plant engineering principles and procedures.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical/science/mathematics fields.
* Experience with windows-based programs and corporate database systems.
* Experience with CAD, and MS Excel/MS Access.
* Five or more years of relevant experience.
* Strong leadership and project management skills.
* Demonstrated strong verbal, written, and listening skills - capability of interacting with customers and coworkers at most levels including executives.
* Ability to be detail oriented, well organized, and effective in multi-tasking.
* Capability of working independently to achieve deliverables and resolve urgent/complex issues.
* Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of engineering principles within OSP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
* Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and Administrative) - Comprehensive knowledge and skill for more complex applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, Microstation, and Geospatial Technology like GIS mapping programs.
* Knowledge of the OSP network plant and local City practices.
* Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases.
* Working knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit acquisition.
* Hands on experience with Fiber Optic cable design for an ODN & GPON network.
* Inside Plant knowledge of Transport equipment.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Associated topics: forklift, fork lift, inventory, lawn, manage, manufacture, plant management, production management, prune, watering