Lead Consultant-Predictive Prescriptive Analytics
Compensation: $91,465.00 - $75,880.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
What you'll be doing...
At Verizon, Finance is leading the formation of an advanced analytics arm that delivers world-class insights in driving business impacts through a data driven approach. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing team in a fast-paced and evolving environment that works in close partnership with internal business partners to inform business strategies via advanced analytics. We're finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support and we want passionate and talented analytics practitioners to join us and be a catalyst for change.
This is a new role being created within the Business Analytics Center of Excellence to join data scientists, big data engineers and quantitative risk management specialists to develop "Quantitative Analytical Products" to rapidly simulate and model forward looking scenarios to guide and optimize business decisions. The role provides a great opportunity to understand the big picture and develop creative solutions by bringing Finance, Technology and Analytics together and build next generation tools for effective decision guidance and management.
* Participate in end-to-end solution design, build and implementation of "Quantitative Tools" tailored to various business use-cases across consumer and business segments.
* Use advanced statistical and machine learning algorithms to model customer behaviors across key drivers (E.g. Revenue, Churn, Bad-Debt) that impact profitability.
* Identify areas to optimize customer level decisions including Credit Offers, Promotions and Pricing.
* Drive faster "Go-To Market Decisions" through rapid simulation of forward looking scenarios and profitability using in-house developed analytical tools.
* Partner with internal business partners in gathering business requirements and developing advanced analytical solutions to complex problems.
* Participation in analytical projects delivering improvements in predicting desired metrics and decision engineering to drive better business results.
* Develop and deploy both traditional statistical models and machine learning techniques and algorithms including Regression, clustering, neural networks, Anomaly Detection and Random Forest to improve prediction and forecasts of desired metrics.
* Partner with in-house data strategy experts to design analytically ready datasets by stitching customer data across multiple platforms and incorporating business rules.
* Prepare presentation materials and formal documents for use with senior management to promote findings and drive science based decision support recommendations.
* Validate model performance and update models based on changing business strategies/objectives. Automation of repeatable tasks at scale.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant experience.
* Experience developing and implementing advanced analytical solutions to business problems.
* Experience Building statistical and machine learning models along with in-depth programming using R/Python.
* Experience in data management, analysis and visualization to realize absolute and incremental commercial gains.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in quantitative and/or technology disciplines such as Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science, or Operations Research.
* Master's or Ph.D. degree in quantitative or technology disciplines.
* Experience in web application development and related knowledge of HTML, CSS, Java Script, REST API, Dash/Plolty, Nodejs, Reactjs and Web servers (Apache or other).
* Experience in product development and ability to drive projects from conceptual stage to the completion stage.
* Experience in building high performance and scalable applications with exposure to Big Data Tools and Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka etc.)
* An Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to explore and adapt novel solutions in a fast-paced environment.
When you join Verizon...
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Associated topics: business, business advisory, business analysis, business systems, consultant, customer, market, sales, senior consultant, support analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...