Our client, a leading innovator in engineered heat treating, brazing and metal finishing solutions, is seeking a MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
12-hr Shift, 6pm-6amResponsibilities:
• Install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair all mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, piping, refrigeration, and chemical systems on all equipment and buildings
• Read and log all meters on equipment
• Perform and document preventive maintenance on all meters, gauges, recorders, charts, filters, belts, grease fittings, quench oil levels, lubrication levels, thermocouple checks, furnace internals, furnace mechanisms, safety devices, etc. to maintain proper work performance and a longer working life
• Install and move all equipment and systems using forklifts, hoists, etc.
• Fabricate tanks, fixtures, conveyors, furnaces, and other equipment using welding equipment, blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and other fabrication equipment
• Lay out and install piping systems for all equipment using pipe threading machines, silver solder, hand tools, lifting platforms, etc.
• Unload, transport, and store fabrication materials to desired locations using forklifts, hoists, hand trucks, etc.
• Install, repair, and replace fire brick
• Move office furniture and/or supplies to various office locations.
• Travel to and participate in job-related meetings, conventions, training, etc. Such travel may involve overnight stays of one or more nights.Ideal candidate will possess:
• HS Diploma/GED
• 1-2 years of welding, electronics, electronics and electrical systems
• 5 years of experience in an industrial environment
• Mechanical inclination
• Thorough knowledge of electrical systems and electronics, pipe fitting, instrumentation, temperature control devices, and welding, equivalent to a two-year technical college education
• Able to train quickly
The pay rate starts at $16.00 per hour and increases to $17.10 after one year of employment. There is also a maintenance skills sheet where you can earn up to $2.80 more an hour when the skills have been mastered.
Loading some great jobs for you...