As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes "Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies" List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you are family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
This position is an integral leader within the UniFirst business unit. Lead a team of over 40 people to help the business unit achieve its financial goals. Work closely with the General Manager on business planning, process improvements, safety initiatives, and employee relations improvements and issues. Foster a culture of collaboration and quality by communicating effectively. You achieve results by getting the best out of your greatest asset, your people.
Our ideal Production Manager Candidate…
* Has excellent communication skills
* Understands problem solving through root cause analysis
* Employs a supportive, collaborative management style
* Prior managerial experience required
* 3-5 years in a managerial role preferred
* Is a creative, "big picture" thinker who is not afraid of change
* Is innovative
* Is bilingual in English and Spanish
A Production Manager should be resilient, hardworking, goal oriented, honest, loyal, a self-starter, responsible, adaptable, possess a "can-do" attitude, and be a true problem solver!
* Ensure that the UniFirst Quality Policy becomes part of the Production Department "Culture" and ISO certification.
* Participate in, and support the determination, education and implementation of guiding principles to the UniFirst Mission Statement and strategic plan.
* Ensure that the customer/supplier requirements shall be communicated throughout the Production Department and with other departments of the Corporation.
* Maximize divisional profits to provide short and long-term contribution.
* Participate in attainment of divisional growth goals for customer retention, pricing and new customer sales by providing quality products and a well-maintained facility which will enhance our reputation.
* Manage departmental activities regarding safety, health, and environmental issues to ensure that proper consideration is given to corporate policy and federal, state, and local regulations
* Inventory management and purchasing.
* Assure maintenance, repair, and housekeeping of the building and all its equipment.
* Must have a proven track record of hiring, leading, and developing a successful team.
* Experience with a quality management system.
* Experience with a maintenance management system.
* Familiar with Windows Operating systems Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Must have a safe driving record.
* Four-year degree in an appropriate background or equivalent experience.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
* 401K with Company Match
* Profit Sharing
* Health Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance
* Supplemental Life Insurance
* Long-Term Disability
* Sick Time
* Paid Holidays
* Direct Payroll Deposit
* Tuition Reimbursement
* 30% Employee Discount
* Employee Referral Program
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.