Machine Learning Engineer - Data Science
Compensation: $98,870.00 - $200,310.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Req ID: 173251
We are looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer / Data Scientist to help us create artificial intelligence products, especially for the existing new world of video streaming applications and to help us launch HBO Max! ML Engineer and data science responsibilities include creating machine learning models and retraining systems. Your ultimate goal will be to shape and build efficient self-learning applications, such as customer life time value, churn, content discovery engines, etc.
You can design and build web scale distributed systems. You are passionate about data science and machine learning. You are excited about recommender systems and comfortable reading research papers, interacting with data scientists, data engineers and implementing ML algorithms from proof of concept to production. Additionally, you understand the constraints of working with a growing team and thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and sometimes scrappy. You understand that serving a user-facing model comes with a set of restrictions and you know how to be creative to solve them. You can also take ad-hoc or library models, enhance them and productionalize them for digital streaming production. Finally, you are business focused and proactively thinking about new projects that could have a high impact result for the company.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
* Team players
* Problem solvers
* Radical candor
* Testing rigor
* People who like to have fun
* Study and transform data science prototypes
* Design and develop machine learning systems for data scientist to create, train and deploy ML models
* Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
* Develop machine learning applications according to requirements
* Run machine learning tests and experiments
* Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
* Train and retrain systems when necessary
* Extend existing ML libraries, feature engineering and frameworks
* Keep abreast of developments in the field
* Proven experience as a ML Engineer or similar role
* Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
* Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch), scripting (like R, Python, SQL) and libraries or DS environments (like Sagemaker, scikit-learn)
* Experience in applying machine learning, predictive analytics and classification techniques towards real product and problems
* Ability to write robust code in Python or Java or equivalent modern programming language
* Proficiency in SQL, big data technologies and working with large data sets
* BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master's or Doctorate degree is a plus
* Works independently, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Deep curiosity and a demonstrated ability to craft original solutions
* Highly communicative with collaborators and manager
* Proactive in seeking opportunities for innovation
* Designed and built web scale distributed systems
* Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
* Experience in the media industry with an interest in movies and film
Associated topics: data administrator, data analytic, data engineer, data integration, data quality, data warehousing, database administrator, hbase, mongo database administrator, sql
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...