Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
The Field Support Technician primary duty is providing operational support to the Field Services Technicians for installation, device moves and repairs. This position will help support Authorized Service Providers, enforce quality standards, track and manage hardware shipments, collect and report completed installations, execute installation trainings, and provide level 1 hardware support to Trimble peers, service providers, and clients. The Field Implementation Coordinator is a dynamic role that will interact with many areas of the business and it will require that you provide precise reporting and support of client deliveries and implementations.
* Support 3rd Party Sub-Contractors and Installation Service Partners including contract management, insurance management, training, first level support, and communications.
* Schedules Field Service visits with the customer and 3rd party Field Technicians
* Provide level 1 hardware support and training internally to the business and externally to partners and customers.
* Help enforce installation quality standards for all hardware options.
* Remote support of 3rd Party Field Technicians and Field Operations Managers
* Tracking and shipment of spare parts and repair kits for field dispatch hardware repairs
* Monitor contractual SLAs and Field Technician Service compliance by holding field techs accountable to daily reporting requirements.
* Engage to support customer, support, and field technician escalations.
* Work with installers and Delivery Managers to develop and execute project plans.
* Support Sales and Pre-Sales with hardware expertise and hardware compatibility assignment.
* Process purchase orders and billings to service providers and customers
* Participate in customer meetings discussing field installation/repair status and quality
Skills and Experience Required:
* Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Technical Discipline
* And/Or, Associates Degree in Electronics with an interest in mobile electronics and/or AS or equivalent ASE-Vehicle electronics skills and/or industry certification (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP)).
* Multilingual is a plus
* Interest/experience in 12-volt installation solutions (GPS, auto alarms, car stereos, etc.)
* Interest in Vehicle Diagnostics systems is helpful (OBDII, J1587, J1708, J1939, etc)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency with industry tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Salesforce.com, Oracle, Smartsheets, etc.
* Excellent organizational, record retention, and time management skills
* Self Motivated with an ability to learn quickly and make fast, informed decisions independently and as a part of a team.
* Flexibility and willingness to operate as a true team player.
* An ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment while multi-tasking and managing multiple projects.
* Ability to display leadership in coaching and mentoring your colleagues and peers.
* Strong problem identification, resolution, and root cause analysis skills
* Ability to build and manage strong business relationships.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D