- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- $92,040.00 -130,990.00/year*
101 Heron Pointe Pkwy
The Sr Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for overseeing liquid manufacturing for the cell culture media site in Grand Island, NY. This position is responsible for meeting EHS, quality, production and financial targets as well as establishing operational objectives and priorities to meet short and long term business goals. This role will develop and execute strategic and tactical activities to sustain strong business performance and a positive work environment. Solid analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to meet objectives in a fast paced, dynamic environment is required.
- Lead manufacturing teams to meet or exceed operational goals in safety, quality, availability, cost, productivity and inventory.
- Proactively interface with direct reports, internal customers and peers to drive continuous improvement initiatives, using Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Effectively utilize resources to maximize operational efficiency.
- Establish and sustain a strong culture of accountability and data driven decision making.
- Mentor staff to elevate overall performance and achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Participate in regular capacity and strategic review to ensure supply chain integrity and optimal business support. Execute to multi-year strategy.
- Proactively interface with stakeholders and other functions to exchange information relevant to area of responsibility to ensure adequate support towards meeting business objectives.
- Promote positive and proactive work environment to sustain strong employee engagement levels.
- Manage the execution of special projects as assigned by Operations management.
- Travel as needed to other sites, customers and external development partners.
- Proven track record of:
- Successfully aligning, building and developing teams.
- Coaching and mentoring front line leaders over multi-shift schedules.
- Leading/managing through rapid change (examples include new product introductions, rapid growth, product line transfers, etc.).
- Ability to effectively manage up to executive level.
- Ability to effectively prioritize.
- Proven time management techniques.
- Strong leadership abilities with capability to leverage diverse resources, respond quickly, understand impact of changes and decisions, facilitate agreement, build collaborative relationships and understand customer's needs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage subject matter expertise.
- Minimum of 10 years of manufacturing experience in in the Life Sciences or related industry, including 6 years in a supervisory or managerial position
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering discipline
- Ability to rapidly identify, adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Excellent communication, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels and functions of the organization
- Practical application experience of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing or other process improvement methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to execute a strategic plan.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people, work effectively with cross functional teams, and to facilitate cooperation across functional boundaries and regional site locations.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Chemistry or Biology
- Experience with large scale batch operations.
- Experience with cGMP or ISO 13485.
- Technical experience with cell culture applications or manufacturing.
- Experience with facility expansion and equipment design within regulated business unit.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: forklift, fork lift, inventory, lawn, manage, mow, plant, production management, prune, transplant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...