- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- $53,110.00 -77,040.00/year*
101 Heron Pointe Pkwy
The Sr Manager Facilities and Equipment Maintenance will be responsible for oversite and care of the cell culture media facilities in Grand Island, NY. This position is responsible for supporting EHS, quality, production and financial targets as well as establishing operational objectives and priorities to meet short and long term business goals. This role will develop and execute strategic and tactical activities to sustain strong business performance and a positive work environment. Solid analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to meet objectives in a fast paced, dynamic environment is required.
- Ensure safe and compliant daily maintenance and operation of the Grand Island facilities and equipment
- Proactively interface with direct reports, internal customers and peers to drive continuous improvement initiatives, using Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Point of contact to resolve equipment and facility issues to keep the production facility running and in compliance (process equipment, janitorial, mechanical systems, Environmental Monitoring, WFI/USP water, controlled access, Building Management System, etc.)
- Coordinate daily schedules with operations, maintenance, and administrative staff groups to ensure proper coordination of resources.
- Schedule and coordinate periodic utility shutdowns and its associated start-ups.
- Write, review, and approve applicable SOPs, policies, workflows, training documents, etc.
- Support regulatory filings, internal audits, and inspections as required. Work within established capital and operational budgets. Assist with capital planning. Execute capital projects.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage facilities and equipment risk to guide investment/improvement strategy.
- Establish and sustain a strong culture of accountability and data driven decision making. Mentor staff to elevate overall performance and achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Participate in regular capacity and strategic review to ensure supply chain integrity and optimal business support. Execute to multi-year strategy.
- Demonstrated experience with preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance and CMMS. Proactively interface with stakeholders and other functions to exchange information relevant to area of responsibility to ensure adequate support towards meeting business objectives.
- Promote positive and proactive work environment to sustain strong employee engagement levels.
- Manage the execution of special projects as assigned by Operations management. Travel as needed to other sites, customers and external development partners. Ability to effectively manage up to executive level. Demonstrated ability to lead people, work effectively with cross functional teams, and to facilitate cooperation across functional boundaries and regional site locations.
- Minimum of 10 years of facility, maintenance and manufacturing operations experience in in the Life Sciences or related industry, including 6 years in a supervisory or managerial position
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering discipline
- Excellent communication, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Experience with predictive maintenance practices.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience and implementation within a facilities/maintenance environment.
- Experience with large scale batch operations. Experience with OSHA Process safety management. Experience with cGMP or ISO 13485.
- Project Management Certification.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: corporate, director, housing assistant, manage, management, manager, manager i, manager ii, senior care, supervise
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...