- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- $31,960.00 -49,680.00/year*
101 Heron Pointe Pkwy
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
In this role, you will operate a variety of processing and packaging equipment to manufacture cell culture media in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices.
We are hiring Manufacturing Technicians for all shifts: 1st, 2nd and 3rd, Weekdays and Weekends.
What will you do?
In this role you may complete some or all of the following duties:
How will you get here?Education:
- Operate processing and packaging equipment to manufacture cell culture media. Equipment includes mixers, mills, blenders, pumps, filtration systems, and packaging equipment.
- Weigh, measure and check raw materials with assistance of computer interface to assure batches manufactured contain proper materials and quantities.
- Calibrate/operate semi-automated and automated manufacturing equipment.
- Perform in-process sampling and testing to assure batches meet specification.
- Follow all safe practices and SOP's.
- Complete and maintain Quality Records in compliance with regulatory requirements, GMP's and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain equipment and rooms in proper operating condition and proper cleanliness requirements.
- Perform activities in a controlled environment up to and including classified clean room conditions.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.Experience:
General understanding of machinery and mechanics is required. Strong attention to detail required.
Experience working with a strong focus on quality of product required. Prior experience in a GMP manufacturing environment is preferred. Knowledge of computer applications and current software is desirable.Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Works in a controlled manufacturing environment; is required to lift up to 50 lbs. and may be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with materials and equipment. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts. Various levels of gowning are required.What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off Eligible to accrue Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: baler, boxing, delivery, distribution, fold, gluer, packing, pharmaceutical packaging, straw sealing, wrap
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...