- Thermo Fisher Scientific
254 Beaver Street
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
- Utilizing schematics, blueprints, wiring and plumbing diagrams, and written instructions, perform various assembly operations
- Active member of production cell. Participate and support inventory and equipment management as related to the cells operations requirements
- Needs to have packing and shipping experience.
- Adhere to ISO9000 requirements including ESD, work area cleanliness, maintenance and calibration of equipment and work instruction adherence
- Adhere to discrepant material disposition process (Material Review Board process)
- Cross train into other functional roles as required
- Adhere to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements of the job function
- Participate in daily team stand-up meetings; communicating daily challenges and/or ideas
- Participate and lead improvement events (such as Kaizen, 5S, Practical Process Improvement)
- Build working relationships with co-workers, including employees in other departments (engineering, marketing, etc.)
- May be required to rework or reassemble units based on verbal or written instructions for failure analysis or development activities. Assignments may be complex and non-repetitive. Some personal judgment may be needed
- Make changes to written processes and procedures
- Perform transactions in MRP system
- Maintain a safe working environment, following established 5S procedures
- Maintain Inventory Accuracy based on site goals
- Conduct Morning Cycle Count and assist with reconciliation of inventory
How will you get here?
High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work under limited supervision and complete assignments with limited instruction
- 5+ years of related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Good math and computer skills. Ability to perform basic operations in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High visual acuity and manual dexterity. Ability to conduct equipment set up and qualification on simple machinery as well as experience doing in-process visual inspection
- Extensive experience performing visual inspection (quality assurance)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and drawings and interpret component orientation
- Ability to prepare, handle, and work safely with chemicals and gasses and maintain good house keeping standards
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in a leadership/training role
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing concepts a plus
- Ability to assemble using a microscope a plus
- Soldering experience a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and or stand at workbench for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required
- Good manual dexterity is required. Must use hands for extended periods of time while assembling (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation). Grasping and pinching is required to operate all equipment and tools necessary to perform job functions
- These physical requirements must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: assemble, assembler, assembly, installation, reassemble, re assemble
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...