Who we are
The Spaceship Company (TSC) is Virgin Galactic's wholly owned space-system manufacturing organization. Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic's human spaceflight system. Like many Virgin companies across the world, its team of over 500 talented and dedicated engineers, technicians and professionals are drawn together by a willingness to disrupt and challenge the status quo and deliver innovative aerospace solutions to our customers' needs. TSC's extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.
TSC and the greater Virgin Organization have a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to \"check your ego at the door\", be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who You Are
We will establish a strong influence of learning and support to the organization and become our own brand that promises quality and purposeful learning opportunities that will help all TSC people be practically driven in leading and building our program into the future.
* Prepare training material and prep area for Technical Workshops
* Facilitate workshops for various Technical Roles
* Help fine tune training skills and scheduling to maximize efficiency
* Evaluate and follow up with Trainees
* Continuously enhance material delivery and presentation skills
* Assist in developing training content for various teams by working with Leaders, Subject Matter Experts, and the People Business Partners to incorporate appropriate skills into training development
* Develop new course material in various formats such as Computer Based Training, Video, Hands On Activities and PowerPoint presentations
* Foster an environment of collaboration, innovation, and creativity by experimenting with new techniques and material
What you bring
* Two or more years of workshop facilitation, specifically in the areas of technical training (Composite Fabrication, Aircraft Assembly, Parts Repair, etc.)
* Experience developing and revising training materials for live workshops and Computer Based Training (creativity is a strong plus!)
* Experience building training in Adobe Captivate a plus
* Experience building Power Point presentations
* Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
* Extreme attention to detail
* Able to work with and teach various personality types
* Sense of humor a plus!
* Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
* Associates Degree in relevant area (Aircraft Fabrication or A&P License) a plus
* Experience in manufacturing environment a plus
* Learn the Virgin values and be an example of those values throughout your work. These are wonderful values that make up the culture we work in.
* Quality will be a key pillar in our development and facilitations of all training.
* Commit to the schedules we set. Reliability will be a factor how we are perceived as a training and development team.
* Use your better judgment in your decision making and be responsible in what your role empowers you to do.
* Consult with the People Development Manager and/or the team regarding situations outside the scope of your role or knowledge.
* Be open to change. Things happen and we need to be readily adaptable.
* Proactively raise issues and questions while bringing solutions to the table when possible.
* We will listen and keep an open mind on issues/needs until it is time to decide.
* We will set goals and be willing to do what is necessary to reach those goals, contributing to the best of our abilities.
* We will operate and advocate from the perspective of what makes sense for TSC, not just our team.
* When approached with training needs, ask the questions that will help us identify what the true training requirements are so that we can decide the best approach to providing that training.
* We will respect other employees and leaders by being courteous and sensitive to their concerns and needs. They are trusting us to help them grow and be better. This is a prestigious responsibility.
* We are a team! Look out for one another and collaborate effectively. We are our biggest cheerleaders!
* Be open to constructive feedback - we are all here to help each other do our best work!
* Support your constructive feedback to others with research and facts. It will help you confidently contribute to their success.
* Proactively strive to improve your own professional growth and work lifestyle.
* We will have fun and enjoy our work! We will strive to recognize and celebrate individual and team accomplishments so let's make it happen!
ITAR RequirementsTo conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR ?120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The Spaceship Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Spaceship Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: aero, aeroelasticity, air craft, aviation, pilot, propulsion, rocket, supersonic, waterjet, water jet