Tempur Sealy International, Inc. is the world's largest bedding provider. The company develops, manufactures and markets mattresses, adjustable bases, pillows and other sleep and relaxation products. Combining a proud history and groundbreaking innovation, the company holds some of the most highly recognized brands in the industry: Tempur?, Tempur-Pedic?, Cocoon? by Sealy, Sealy?, and Stearns & Foster?. Our Medina, Ohio facility is looking to add an experienced and driven Plant Manager to our growing team.
We seek an individual that will lead the production organization to achieve safety, people development, quality, delivery and productivity goals and objectives.. This person will lead and motivate their team to develop innovative solutions, implement LEAN concepts, improve quality and optimize production.
This individual will align themselves and their subordinates with the company objectives and values by leading the manufacturing and distribution functions at the Medina, OH facility.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
* Directly supervises all production and shipping supervisors with respect to safety principles, production, quality of production and cost management
* Will manage daily to meet production schedules and delivery dates.
* Trains, coaches and evaluates supervisory and hourly personnel, ensuring maximum efficiency and productivity,
* Monitors and ensures efficient utilization of equipment and facilities, including housekeeping.
* Confers with Director of Manufacturing in establishing working schedules for all production departments.
* Responsible for creating a safe working environment, ensuing implementation of plant safety policies, procedures and programs and adhering to requirement under EPA, DOT, OSHA, and flammability standards.
* Assures adherence to standard operating practices/methods and maintaining the incentive and day work wage systems.
* Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with hourly workforce - employee relations, discipline and complaint procedures.
* Adheres to budgetary limitations on all departments including maintenance supplies.
* Recommends equipment and/or layout changes, production methods or material handling procedures
* Recommends purchase of new capital equipment.
* Responsible for meeting annual affirmative actions goals for hourly staff.
* Administers Collective Bargaining Agreement up to and including 2nd step grievances (union plants.)
* Fills in for Director of Operations on all factory-related responsibilities in his/her absence.
* Assists other Sealy plants in factory operations on an as needed basis.
* Complete all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
* Education: BA/BS Degree at minimum
* Experience: 5 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment which must include three years in a supervisory role.
* LEAN and/or Six Sigma experience preferred
* Assembly experience preferred
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced corporate office environment. Some stress may occur. Regular travel is not expected in this position; however, travel around scheduled projects such as program rollouts may be necessary.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Associated topics: fertilize, forklift, garden, inventory, manufacture, mow, production management, prune, scanner, transplant