Teledyne Technologies provides skilled trades services to major corporations in North America. Specializing in Research and Development, manufacturing operations, plant shut downs and building maintenance and operations. Our skilled trades include Tool and Die makers, Instrumentation, Multi-Craft trades, Machinists, Pipefitters, Carpenters, Electricians, Work coordinators, EH&S, Building automation systems, compliance, welders, insulators and others.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
This Carpenter position include constructing and repairing structural assets and equipment in the facility and lab space.
* Builds, repairs and installs counters, cabinets, benches, partitions, floors, doors, building framework and trim
* Changes light bulbs, pulls wires and minor electrical tasks
* Replaces filters in air handlers
* Replaces damaged ceiling tile, floor tile and wall coverings
* Light plumbing, including the repair or replacement of faucets , flush meters and sinks
* Provide support to Instrument, Electrical and Mechanical Technicians
* Maintain a secure and safe work environment.
High School diploma or GED and/or 2 years of experience in a learning capacity assisting and performing carpentry, mechanical and electrical work under the direction of an experienced tradesman.
* Some experience working with hand tools, power tool and electronic test equipment
* High standard of integrity and professionalism
* Must be proficient on a computer
* Candidate must possess strong interpersonal communication skills to work with customers and be a team player.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email ...@teledyne.com or call (805)###-####. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Associated topics: cabinet, cabinet maker, carpenter, carpentry, door, edgebander, furniture, laminator, wood, woodwork