Strategic Sourcing Analyst III - Americas Procurement
Compensation: $89,120.00 - $138,780.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.Job Overview
TE Connectivity's Strategic Sourcing Teams develop and implement multi-year strategies for assigned commodities, suppliers and parts/services to achieve established goals in supplier quality, delivery, price and service. They align strategy and execution with cross-functional partners such as engineering, manufacturing, product management and functional owners. They execute the competitive bid, negotiation, contracting processes and/or technical continuous improvement for assigned commodities or services; collaborate across Business Units and cross-regions for optimal TE leverage. Our teams demonstrate a high level of expertise in procurement competencies (business/supply chain acumen, negotiation, sourcing strategy development and execution, global savvy, and project and product lifecycle management) and ensure results are delivered compliant with TE policies and procedures.
This position reports to Global Procurement and will support the Global Professional Services Commodity Procurement team for the Americas Region. The individual will support various Global and Regional projects and RFI/RFP's, while providing extensive analytical support, driving cost savings and process improvements, providing recommendations and support to the Commodity Manager for Human Resources and Corporate Services, Americas Region including Canada, Brazil, Mexico and the US. The primary responsibility of the position will be to support the development and execution of the commodity strategy designed to create a best in class Global Procurement team. The qualified individual will drive the commodity to meet the year over year key performance indicators focusing on productivity, delivery, and quality. And drive leading indicators such as savings, pipeline, spend w/preferred suppliers and supplier count reduction.
Specifically, the analyst will focus on the following initiatives for the improving the procurement process.
- Improve procurement quality and delivery to the customer via responsiveness and contract execution
- Reduce Lead Times to complete procurement process, from initial request to contract completion
- Reduce overall cost for the various commodities while driving significant savings in order to meet TE corporate savings goals
- Improve overall service of procurement to Professional Services internal customers
What your background should look like:
- Assist with the development of the Regional Commodity Plan in collaboration with Global Director and Manager.
- Establish Regional communication channels with Regional BU leadership to understand commodity needs, service level requirements, and measures/communicates results.
- Responsible for attaining annual business results (ex. cost savings, supplier performance and compliance) for responsible commodities, including developing and leading leverage price and terms negotiations with potential and current suppliers.
- Participate in supplier negotiations and selection as requested by manager or global director.
- Ensure lowest upfront cost and high supplier service in supplier selection via analysis of supplier data, financial, capacity and capability.
- Work closely with Commodity Manager(s) in other regions to ensure the sharing of best-practices.
- Support Global Commodity Team including periodic report-outs of progress versus goals.
- Work with the Global Commodity leads and Regional leads to support supplier negotiation strategies.
- Provides valid and accurate inputs and commodity forecasts to TE's suppliers.
- Manages assigned Commodity projects, including but not limited to Purchasing, Expediting, Issue Resolution, Payment, and Supplier Performance Reporting.
- Promotes and provides instruction on Global processes, standard works, best demonstrated practices across the tooling commodity and associates supported.
- Holds Voice of Customer Sessions with internal customers and utilizes feedback to improve team performance and supply base service.
- Promotes and provides instruction on Procurement standard processes, standard works, best demonstrated practices across the commodity
- Experience in Purchasing/Procurement (5 + years)
- Proficient in MS office; advanced Excel, Power point.
- Good communication skills. English language skills in speech and writing.
- Ability to speak persuasively in front of a large audience which may include management to the executive level.
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, able to work well with international teams and individuals, not afraid to push for change.
- Time zone flexibility and the ability to travel.
- Proven ability as a project leader with experience managing large dollar projects/programs.
- Education: Bachelor level degree in Business, Procurement, Finance or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze complex financial documentation and RFP submissions and make detailed reports and recommendations to senior management.
- Experience in contract management and legal review processes.
- Experience with third party procurement and analysis tools such as Zycus or Ariba.
- Indirect commodity experience in Procurement or Supply Chain with a Strong knowledge of Human Resources, Temporary Labor, Travel, Marketing, Finance,
- Procurement/Purchasing contract management and contract negotiation experience.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter . What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Generous 401(k) Plan
Benefits start on day one
Charity Donation Matching Program
Competitive Paid Time Off
Employee Resource Groups
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Healthcare for Associates and Families
Health and Wellness Incentives
Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
Associated topics: ascp, hematopathology, lab, medical lab science, medical laboratory science, molecular, sterile processing technician, technician ii, technician iv, toxicology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...