Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP's) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
* Estimating controls and controls engineering content on new proposal requests.
* Developing proposals for new technology projects.
* Participating in or lead concept development to innovate controls and programming solutions, that can feasibly meet customer expectations.
* Reporting on controls engineering or project status of assigned automation projects.
* Oversee the layout of the electrical control cabinet and schematic designs.
* Develop the architecture and write and debug PLC ladder logic or IPC program for the automated system.
* Perform risk assessments and implement controls reliability and safety systems to meet TE specifications.
* Develop and program HMI screens to meet customer or standard requirements.
* Select machine servo, robots and electrical and electromechanical components which are properly sized to meet system requirements.
* Oversee and implement the integration of mobile robots.
* Condition optimize and commission machinery until handed over to customer.
* Interface system with SCADA and digital machine packages to meet customer interface requirements.
Responsibilities for partner-based machine build projects include:
* Participate in or lead concept development for machine.
* Participate in or lead specification creation, release to partner and quote technical evaluation.
* Oversee controls design of project.
* Manage partner throughout design, buyoff, conditioning and installation.
* Establish and execute test plan for equipment.
* Integrate and condition equipment with other equipment if needed.
* Proficiency with process integration and mechatronic systems.
* In-depth knowledge of control panel designs.
* Proficiency with AutoCAD electrical design desired.
* Proficiency in Yaskawa, Allen Bradley or Omron PLC programming languages.
* Proficiency in Pro-Face, Allen Bradley or Omron HMI programming.
* Understanding of Field Bus Networks (Ethernet IP, Modbus/TCP, EtherCAT, etc.)
* Proficiency with Ethernet communications between machine PLC's and database systems.
* Proficiency with Inductive Automation Ignition, mobile robot deployment and AI technology is preferred.
* Proficiency with machine safety systems and related component selection.
* Experience with servo motor tuning and programming.
* Proficiency and demonstrated ability to organize and structure code for maintainability and reuse.
* Experience with Cartesian, SCARA and 6-Axis industrial robot programming and conditioning. Epson robot experience preferred.
* Experience with interfacing to vision systems.
* Experience with creating and maintaining technical documentation packages.
* Experience with implementation of automated equipment in a production environment.
* Solid knowledge of Project Management principles.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Loading some great jobs for you...