Technical Trainer (Level 4)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
While we highly prefer that this role be based at our New York office, for the right individual we could be open to other metro areas on the East Coast
Who Are We?
We are a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semistructured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. Our mission is to democratize analytics, making it accessible, simple and powerful for businesses of all sizes to build, run and secure their organizations. With Sumo Logic, customers can harness the power of machine data to gain operational business and customer insights that lead to competitive advantage and differentiated customer experience.
What Do We Do?
Sumo Logic was founded in 2010 by experts in log management, scalable systems, big data, and security. We imagined a world of Yottabyte-scale machine data, where machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics could make sense of it all. Today, our purpose-built, cloud-native service analyzes more than 100 petabytes of data, more than 16 million searches, and delivers 10s of millions of insights daily - positioning Sumo among the most powerful machine data analytics services in the world. Our customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business, and growth.
How you'll be a part of it
As one of our Technical Trainers in the Customer Success department, you will be responsible for the delivery of our key training classes as well as Certification training for our partners and customers. Through real-world scenarios with cloud apps, you will clearly and consistently teach the approaches necessary to completing important tasks in Sumo Logic. You will work with key SMEs to ensure the tone and engagement in the classroom is strong and that customers feel at ease learning new and challenging features. You will also work with members of the Product and Marketing teams to ensure that customers feel they understand the tips and tricks as well as best practices to get the most from their Sumo Logic experience.
* Deliver comprehensive training, and train other instructors and partners through instructor-led virtual and classroom training.
* Engage customer and internal Sumo Logic audiences through presentations and interactive labs.
* Address training needs with private training customers and customize materials as needed to ensure the best experience.
* Effectively manage training logistics such as training environments, lab setups, user access, and proctoring certification examinations.
* Collaborate with technical content developers to develop and reviewing new course materials, certification modules and lab environments.
* Evaluate learner performance and provide insights to the Technical Content Developers.
* Engage the user Community with monthly "How to" / "Tips and Tricks" webinars, and help answer training-related questions from the user community.
* Knowledge of Sumo Logic or other data analytics solution
* Working SQL knowledge
* Working AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud knowledge
* Working knowledge of UNIX utilities (scp, ssh, vi, emacs, ps, etc.)
* 4+ years experience in instructor-led training or relevant equivalent experience.
* Query language skills (Jquery, SQL, etc.)
* LMS proficient
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Learning and Development, or a related field
* Travel: Frequent (40%) Out of the country (20%)
* Regional offices okay: NYC preferred, Atlanta okay or Remote okay so long as they can work US hours.
Loading some great jobs for you...