Loading some great jobs for you...
The primary responsibility of this position is to maintain and repair stamping tools. We run progressive, four-slide, and transfer tools. We produce parts in CRS stainless, aluminum, red metals, and occasionally exotic alloys.
- Team member that participates in design review and provides input to new tool designs
- Perform routine service of tool components upon completion of production runs
- Troubleshoot tools that are not producing parts to blueprint dimensions. Determine what in the tool is causing it not to produce parts to print, determine repair required and execute repair.
- Repair tools as needed, e.g. disassemble tool, fabricate new components, disassemble, replace broken parts, reassemble, verify tool functionality and quality before returning to production
- Support maintenance of tools during production, e.g. sharpening of punches, trimming and cutting components.
- Manufacture spare tooling as needed
- Assist as needed in the design of gages and secondary tooling and fabricate gages and secondary tooling.
- Work together as a collaborative team member with other toolmakers to support your own and/or their troubleshooting, repair and maintenance efforts and to improve the overall performance and effectiveness of the tool room
- Maintain the work area in terms of cleanliness and safety.
- Meet safety and quality requirements for the business
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Toolmaker apprenticeship preferred
- Minimum of four years of toolmaker experience at production stamping facility
- Knowledge of tools that fabricate tight tolerance and high volume parts
- Basic math
- Blue print reading
- Proficient in use of Bridgeport, surface grinders and other standard tool room equipment
- Use inspection equipment including micrometer, caliper, pin gages, comparator
- Proven ability to troubleshoot part dimensional and variability issues in cooperation with production personnel.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and with tight timelines
- Problem-solving competence
Must meet requirements to work in U.S.