- SIG SAUER
- $94,570.00 -142,920.00/year*
368 Sugar River Dr
CNC MACHINE SET-UP, PEASE
SIG SAUER world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
CNC Machine Set-up performs all the job duties, pre-requisites of the CNC Operator Level I, II, III and can perform all the tasks proficiently. In addition to CNC Level III tasks, the CNC Set-up will perform additional tasks and have additional job knowledge.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Successfully setup proven / existing programs and processes with minimum supervision / guidance
* Proficiency in setting up either vertical or horizontal CNC multi axis machining centers or multi turret lathes with multi-part holding fixtures including defining work and tool offsets.
* Setup and measurement of tooling in a variety of holders
* Ability to read and edit part programs in order to establish initial set-up and mapping the machine out for production readiness
* Basic troubleshooting skills in identifying/resolving part tolerance issues caused by various setup, programming, tooling issues.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work in fast paced team environment while maintaining professionalism under tight deadlines
* Familiarity with variety of materials including aluminum, 400 series stainless, mild steel, etc.
* Maintain inventory by verifying receipt of stock and performing necessary completion transactions in ERP system
* Train operators on best practices with both machine operation and quality inspection methods
* Ability to perform calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part dimensions.
* Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to control plan standards.
* Maintains specifications by taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations. Testing of safety features of a machine during set-up
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Familiarity and understanding of basic Lean principles including 5S and Visual Management
* Operate machines when set-up work is complete
Associated topics: automated machinery, cad, cnc, cnc machine, cnc machining, composite laminator, computer aided design, computerized numerical control, fabrication, programming
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...