Manufacturing Extruder Operator
Compensation: $93,260.00 - $140,810.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Operates complex extruding and rewinding equipment. Effectively directs the work center team to complete scheduled orders within the specifications and procedures established by Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, R&D, and Engineering. Meets or exceeds the safety, quality, and productivity goals. The Extruder position is a night shift position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set-up, changeover, and operate extruders and all auxiliary equipment.
- Participate in die changes and cleaning.
- Calculate standard production requirements from the work order.
- Follow production schedule as communicated by the planning team or direction of the shift coach.
- Recognize and correct irregularities.
- Follow established standard operating procedures (SOP). Notify Coach and/or Team Leads of discrepancies.
- Confirm component accuracy with the Bill of Material.
- Perform all required testing and record all pertinent information accurately.
- Pack finished product correctly in respect to quantity and product orientation.
- Utilize a wide variety of precision measuring equipment.
- Capable of running extruding equipment, packing product, and/or operating material handling equipment in an efficient manner.
- Communicate with the Coach, Team Leads, and hourly team when production goals are not met to define and eliminate barriers.
- Ensure that the assigned machine(s) and team members are working in a safe and proper manner.
- Adhere to the company's policies and procedures.
- Support the company's culture and values by promoting communication, teamwork, and respectful treatment of all individuals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete any manufacturing formal training specific to assigned work centers.
- Able to perform multiple, often complex, tasks.
- Must use good judgment and able to make decisions.
- Requires basic math skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Must demonstrate a professional attitude toward work and co-workers.
- Ability to satisfactorily operate material handling equipment.
- High School or GED equivalent preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work requires hearing, mental and visual attention and 100% standing during the work day.
- Able to lift 50 lbs., able to bend and lift frequently, and able to work around dust.
This is a fast-paced work environment with consistent pressure to complete duties as outlined above which requires ability to manage multiple projects at a detailed level and provide support to many internal departments in a fast-changing environment. Many duties listed above are time-sensitive and have strict deadlines for completion. Required personal protective equipment (PPE) in the manufacturing area (safety glasses, hearing protection).
Associated topics: cultivate, forklift, garden, inventory, manage, manufacture, mow, plant, production management, transplant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...