The Information Technology (IT) Group is responsible for design, implementation, support, and maintenance of Information Technology solutions in support of site goals and objectives. In such, IT is responsible for maintaining a stable, Qualified, and highly available computing infrastructure and implementation and Validated computer systems. Additionally, through daily tasks, IT supports current project operations and ensures compliance with regulatory, corporate and site requirements.
Automation Engineer III:
The Automation Engineer III will be responsible for developing and implementing the automation solution for a new biologics manufacturing site. This role works independently, with minimal supervision and direction. Projects may often require independent decision making and exercising of judgment. Project work is generally prioritized by the group manager or lead engineers.
- Support the configuration, administration and maintenance activities of the site's manufacturing computer and automation systems, including process control systems, building automation systems, and data historians. Design, configuration, and testing of MES elements including master batch records, master data, system configuration, and interfaces.
- Lead projects in the design, development, and qualification of automated processes, equipment, and systems; including managing the work of internal engineers and outside vendors.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing process, equipment, systems, and infrastructure.
- Directly support operations with troubleshooting and issue resolution with respect to computer and automation systems.
- Lead small cross functional teams in support of project requirements and initiatives.
- May have technical leadership or supervisory responsibilities over more junior engineers.
- Required to be part of on-call rotation for off-hours manufacturing support after project go-live.
- Requires working in an industrial manufacturing environment including gowning.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technological field and 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technological field and 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience with automation systems.
- Exposure to, or direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA).
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Experience with one of the following Genzyme platforms: DeltaV, Allen Bradley PLC, OSISoft PI historian, Werum PAS|X, Instrumentation and control panel hardware as required by the job.
- Experience with computer systems validation practices (GAMP).
- Experience authoring and reviewing standard operating procedures, on-the-job-trainings, and other controlled documents.
- Experience in managing small to medium-sized projects and outside vendors.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Associated topics: bioengineer, design, develop, engineer, manufacturing, manufacturing engineer, mechanical, mechanical engineer, process engineer