Director of Physical Plant
Compensation: $141,090.00 - $141,090.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Maintain the building(s), equipment and utilities in good working order and facility grounds are properly maintained in accordance with facility policies and state and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
* Supervise the overall maintenance operation of this facility.
* Perform repairs and maintenance on equipment and supplies.
* Order and requisition supplies and equipment as needed within budgetary guidelines.
* Test emergency generator weekly and monthly as required by State and Federal regulations.
* Know and follow established safety rules and policies and procedures of the maintenance department.
* Keep required records and submit to the Administrator when required.
* Cooperate with and support other department supervisors and employees.
* Maintain the building in good repair and keep free of hazards such as those caused by electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems.
* Maintain the building in compliance with Federal, State, and Local codes and laws.
* Perform monthly maintenance checks of the building, grounds, and facilities.
* Perform routine maintenance and repair work, such as painting, minor carpentry, repair work, changing light bulbs, and various other routine maintenance tasks.
* Coordinate maintenance work with other departments.
* Attend monthly in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational hour requirements.
* Interview, make recommendations for hiring decisions, orient, train, evaluate, and supervise maintenance personnel.
* Keep the grounds looking neat and cared for by mowing and trimming the grass, trimming the bushes and trees, keeping the leaves and litter picked up, the sidewalks clear of debris, and any erosion challenges under control, as necessary.
* Attend department supervisor meetings and participate on required committees.
* Remain on-call for facility emergencies.
* Coordinate and participate in fire safety program and fire drills.
* Arrange for and manage outside repair, maintenance and construction services according to procedures.
* Manage budgets and supplies, and fulfill department supervisor responsibilities.
* Perform duties of washing windows and screens outside of building.
* Keep work areas and storage rooms neat and orderly.
* Participate in budget planning for the Maintenance Department.
* Pick up work order request daily and establish work priority.
* Designate work assignments and duty schedules.
* Inspect fire extinguishers every 30 days.
* Maintain work records and schedules for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual preventative maintenance.
* Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
* Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
* Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
* Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
* Protect the personal property of the residents of the facility.
* Others as directed by the supervisor or administrator.
* Practical knowledge of day-to-day maintenance and facility physical plant upkeep.
* Experience in HVAC, electrical, and plumbing preferred.
* Organized and detailed in work performance.
* Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
* Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
* Comply with the Residents' Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
* Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
* Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.
Associated topics: advertise, alumni, analyst, facebook, government, major gift, market, policies, principle gift, relation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...