Shop Manager Equipment Operator
River Ridge Farms in Coopersville, MI
- Industry: Manufacturing - Production/Plant Management
- Type: Full Time
Welcome to River Ridge Farms, Inc!
We are a medium-size, diversified operation located in West Michigan. River Ridge Farms, Inc has two core operations: row crop production (corn, soybeans and hay), and Livestock. We are a 2nd generation company, family owned and managed. We re committed to the continuous improvement while providing excellent and rewarding jobs for our team members. We pride ourselves on being a progressive operation and our team shares a passion for what we do.
We re hiring a full-time Shop Manager Equipment Operator for our farm in Coopersville, MI. You will be managing our shop, prioritizing projects, parts ordering and lead mechanic working on a variety of farm equipment, trucks, tractors, combines and more. Just as important will be your role in planting and harvesting of field crops, operating precision ag equipment, and availability to work long hours.
River Ridge provides competitive compensation packages, health insurance, retirement plan with company matching, and on-site company vehicles. Compensation is highly determined by skills and prior work experience.
What you would be doing:
- Performing maintenance on farm and other heavy equipment.
- Fabrication and welding of equipment.
- Conducting routine preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area and shop.
- Harvesting and planting grain, soybeans, and forage crops.
- Working with precision Ag equipment
This job is for you if you have:
- Mechanical experience in either heavy equipment, ag equipment, diesel, military, construction or relatable work.
- Computer experience, for example experience with excel and word. Utilizing the internet to find parts and equipment diagrams.
- Experience operating farm equipment.
- Preferred CDL or willing to obtain.
- A passion for agriculture, are dependable, have a positive attitude, work well with others, and work in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work longer hours during peak season.
Associated topics: fertilize, forklift, fork lift, inventory, lawn, management, manufacture, mow, prune, transplant
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!