RitterCommunications has been at the forefront of the local communications industry for more than a century. We began providing telephone service in Northeast Arkansas in 1906. Since then, Ritter has become a regional telecommunications provider delivering a broadand competitive range of communications products and services to businesses and residents in Northeast and North Central Arkansas and West Tennessee. By providing our Business Services customers with the most innovative and integrated technology and services, we're dedicated to reducing their costs and maximizing their profits with customized connectivity solutions. Our Residential Services customersenjoy lightning fast Internet speeds, cable TV and HDTV and reliable local and long distance phone service. Our services are delivered and supported by a dependable team of local industry experts
Weare looking for an experienced Business Services Technician to join our team in Hot Springs, AR.
Our BusinessServices Techs perform service, maintenance, repair, installation, and programming of multi-line business voice and computing systems, including key and PBX systems, IP telephony systems and Integrated Access Devices. Responsible for all modifications, moves, changes, and installation of telephone services for all business customers. Responsible for preventative maintenance of telephone equipment, and may oversee the work of a Business Services Technician trainee,as well as provide sales referrals, site surveys, and customer relationship management.
* Installs,repairs and maintains all types of NEC, Nortel and Avaya PBX systems and associated equipment, including voicemail, facsimile terminals, paging and intercom systems.
* Opticalsupport of POP's and cellular sites.
* Installs,repairs and maintains all types of IP telephony systems and integrated Access Devices.
* Performsall modifications, moves, changes and installation of telephone services and devices.
* Performsquality control checks of work done at customer premises.
* Locatestrouble in telephone installations; repairs or replaces faults.
* Coordinateswith repair, and other departments on service installations and changes to update billing and central office records.
* Maintainsand repairs existing equipment by using test sets to locate line trouble. Determines necessary repairs that may include repairing wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires, and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed.
* Workwith Carrier Grade equipment routers
* Setupnetworking address translation
* Setuppersonal and small network antivirus solutions, such as Symantec, McAfee, AVG
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of basic electronics, specification sheets, and circuit diagrams.
* Knowledge of basic switch gear such as DLink, Linksys, and Netgear
* Knowledge of Basic Ethernet
* Knowledge of IP addressing scheme and how to deploy
* Knowledge of IP subnetting
* Knowledge of DHCP and understanding of how it works
* Knowledge of Layer 2 and 3 of OSI model
* Knowledge of VOIP equipment and concepts
* Knowledge of Computer Ethernet and Windows desktop
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, such as, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access
* Knowledge of FTP service and ability to use FTP
* Knowledge of telecommunications equipment operations and maintenance.
* Knowledge of key and PBX systems, IP telephony systems and Integrated Access Devices.
* Knowledge of company products and services.
* Knowledge of company policies and procedures
* Knowledge of IP routing
* Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment.
* Ability to utilize Carrier Grade monitoring services
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
* Ability to configure small Cisco Routers such as 800 to 1700 series
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals
* Ability to pay close attention to detail
* Ability to evaluate, test, and repair sophisticated equipment.
* Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems
* Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand
* Ability to effectively function as a team player
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent plus four years of related job training and work experience installing and maintaining electronic key systems, PBX installation,and repair, wiring & cabling and associated peripherals. Associates degree in a related field preferred.
Manufacturer's certificate of training on a least one telephone key or PBX system required. NEC certifications and experience strongly preferred. Other certificationssuch as Cisco CCENT, CompTia A+ and Net +, Microsoft Certifications, etc. helpful.
Ritter Communications is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. M/F/D/V.
We strive to maintain a drug-free workplace.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, cancer, accident and life insurance, short-term andlong-term disability, 401(k) with company match, pension plan, flexible spending accounts, free gym membership, company discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid leave, and much more!
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Copyright ? Ultimate Software
Associated topics: automotive, diagnose, equipment, field service, machine maintenance, machine repair, maintenance, repair, service technician, troubleshoot