R.H. White is a growing 94 year old, family owned, general contractor with multiple locations throughout New England.
We are proud of our workforce's long record of loyal service. This culture of family and pride leads to satisfied employees' and satisfied customers. Our family culture was recognized in 2013 when we received the Family Business of the Year Award and in 2014 we received the Employer of Choice Award.
If you are looking for a dynamic and rewarding career with an ever growing family business, consider joining the R.H. White organization. Businesses do not grow without investing in employees. They are the drivers of innovation. R.H. White is looking for a safety focused Millwright Helper.
Assist millwright and/or foreman to assemble, install, repair, dismantle or move a variety of equipment and piping to include water, sanitary, gas, process or chemical feed systems.
- Adhere to all safety regulations and procedures as well as to the Company's Code of Conduct.
- Work harmoniously, cooperatively and courteously with others at all times.
- Demonstrate a willingness to accept responsibility, be reliable and work with sense of urgency.
- Cut, thread, bend and assemble PVC, copper, black iron, ductile iron or other materials using hacksaw, pipe-cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Join pipe by means of threading, plastic solvent, soldering, brazing, fusing or cementing joints.
- Assist foreman in moving and installing a variety of heavy equipment into buildings and vaults using rigging and chainfalls.
- Cut openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and secures pipe to structures with clamps, brackets and hangers using hand or power tools.
- Perform physically demanding tasks while working from ladders, scaffolds or on roofs.
- Be willing to respond to emergency situations after hours or occasionally work out of town.
- Perform miscellaneous other duties and responsibilities as required.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- MA or CT plumbing or gasfitters license or apprenticeship preferred.
- High School or Vocational High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted Driver's License.
- 1-2 years' experience in the related fields of plumbing, pipe fitting, or other mechanical installation.
- Physically must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; coordinate eye-hand movement; use hands and fingers fully; climb and maintain balance; see and hear well (either naturally or corrected); and stand, stoop, kneel and crouch.
Associated topics: automotive, diagnose, equipment, field service technician, maintenance, maintenance technician, mechanical, repair, service technician, troubleshoot