Assistant Operations Manager
Quality Custom Distribution in Miami, FL
- Type: Full Time
Our client is looking for a strong Assistant Operations Manager for their distribution operations in Southern Florida.
The Assistant Operations Manager will report to the Senior Management of the facility. They will manages all activities related to the center's warehousing and transportation operations, while ensuring employee development, top quality customer service, and efficiencies of operations and costs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage various teams in warehousing and transportation operations, ensuring employee compliance with company policies and values, while developing strong employee engagement and development.
- Day-to-day review and analysis of operations to ensure appropriate hiring needs are met and business goals and objectives are met.
- Perform periodic audits of procedures and implement improvements as needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate customer service
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, including DOT compliance, client/customer, and company policies, directives, agreements, etc.
- Ensure appropriate equipment and tools are acquired, maintained and assigned for proper safety and efficiencies.
- Develop and maintain long term successful customer and vendor relationships.
- Associates Degree preferred, but not required, in management, business or psychology from an accredited university or college, or equivalent job experience.
Experience and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- The right candidate will have strong experience in both transportation and warehousing operations, including budgetary and administrative responsibilities.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations and procedures
- Knowledge of warehouse and transportation computer systems
- Strong track record of leadership of teams and individuals
- Project management experience, preferably in working with complex WMS, Transportation (routing) systems.
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal skills
- Strong employee relations experience
- Strong problem solving experience
- Experience in a high-volume fast paced, multi-shift environment.
- Strong PC skills
Associated topics: cultivate, forklift, fork lift, manage, management, manufacture, mow, plant management, scanner, watering
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Miami, FL!