Jacket Machine Operator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad?s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you?ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done ? something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad. Quad is currently hiring?Full-Time Jacket Machine Operators!
Careers across Quad are defined by a
rich legacy of passionate people driven by innovation and motivated to find a
better way. Fueled by interesting days, you?ll find hard work is good work, and
feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done ? something shared by everyone in
the community we call Quad.
At Quad, you?ll begin at a
competitive wage, between $16-$18/hr. with immediate opportunities to advance ? driving you to be
better than yesterday.?Additionally,?earn up to 10% more
your base wage and overtime pay through an incentive program that rewards
productivity, safety and product quality.
We offer support at every step of
your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid
holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You?ll proudly wear Quad blue and
stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that?s transforming an industry. Your
work matters at Quad.
Sets up, in accordance with job specifications, machine that automatically applies dust jackets to finished hardbound books.?
Adjusts hopper feeder and forming irons as well as other mechanical adjustments to produce a tight fitting jacketed product.
Ensures quality by continuously monitoring: Jacket quality, finished book quality, jacket application, packaging standards, and count verification.
Continuously controls product waste by assuring that, all usable product is utilized, shipping information is properly followed, and informing Casing-In Operator of deviations from specifications to minimize bad product.
Maintains proper records, including:? Downtime and Production Sheets.
? Required Qualifications:
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have two years of solid work history in a manufacturing environment, within the past three years.
- The ability to bend and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects, performing repetitious tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with or without a reasonable accommodation is necessary.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, evenings and weekends is required.
- Mechanical aptitude and excellent communication skills, including good verbal and written comprehension is required.?
- The ability to perform basic math calculations is essential.?
- Prior Finishing Operator experience and proven familiarity of Finishing equipment is preferred.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
? Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer.? The Company?s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.? The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
PandoLogic. Keywords: General Machine Operator, Location: East Berlin, PA - 17316
Associated topics: automated, automatic, cad, cnc fabricating, composite laminator, computer aided design, fabrication, machine operator, precision machining, smt machine
Loading some great jobs for you...