Purpose Statement: To support assembly, high level assembly and rework to meet customer requirements.
Key Job Accountabilities:
* Adapts to changes (work plan, priority and management decision) in the work environment.
* Supports improvement initiatives and participates actively to improve work environment (example 5S).
* Looks for opportunities to improve work productivity and efficiency.
* Able to work cooperatively in a team & cross functional team(s) as needed.
* Able to maintain a level temperament in a stressful environment.
* Openly and proactively shares information, knowledge & experience with co-workers.
* Willing to take on additional assignments.
* Competent in required job knowledge and skills to perform assigned tasks.
* Able to apply new work requirements with minimal supervision.
* Is up-to-date on all certifications and training requirements for role.
* Consistently completes assignments or work requirements on time without compromising on quality.
* Uses time effectively to manage workload/tasks.
* Individual throughput goals are met.
* Understands and follows Plexus quality policy guidelines, customer specifications and adheres to regulatory compliance.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality standard is met.
* Looks for opportunities to improve quality and eliminate waste at work.
* Delivers work in a way that eliminates scrap or rework.
* Keeps supervisors informed and escalates issues when needed.
* Perform reworks (component additions, cuts, jumpers and upgrades).
* Perform high level product assembly using provided bill of materials and necessary documentation.
* Navigate through Agile.
* Record all completed processes within the Data Collection system.
* Monitor daily work in progress (WIP).
* The ability to perform tasks with limited supervision.
* Must be able to read and write English.
* Perform functions of Technician Assistant role for the area assigned (i.e. Repair, SMT, Conformal Coating, etc.) as directed by Supervisor.
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a high school diploma is required; a high school diploma is preferred.
* Two (2) years of related experience is required; Five (5) or more years of related experience is preferred.
* Hand Solder SFT 661
* The employee will be required to successfully complete all internal training courses offered by the company to perform the job.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
* Intermediate computer skills.
* Intermediate decision making, problem solving skills.
* Intermediate verbal and written communication skills.
* General production equipment and materials (including but not limited to: Solder Iron, Micro Scope, Halo Lamp, Tweezers, Needlenose Pliers, Side Cutters, Exacto Knife, Static Control Wrist Straps, Static Control Shoes, Static Conrol Smock, Alcohol, Flux, Solder, Solder Wick, Glue, RTV, Expoxy, Torque Drivers).
* General office equipment and materials.
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be \"U.S. persons.\" \"U.S. persons\" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
Associated topics: assemble, assembler, assembly, installation, reassemble, re assemble