Production Process Technician
Compensation: $49,410.00 - $75,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for the hands-on operation of blow molding equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve optimal results.
- Operates production equipment to achieve optimal results.
- Performs mechanical troubleshooting.
- Makes adjustments and repairs on machinery in the assigned designated work area as authorized by cell leader under site guidelines of centerlining.
- Monitors and performs necessary setting adjustments as authorized by cell leader under site guidelines for centerlining.
- Completes preventative maintenance requirements.
- Has working knowledge of various product orders by following all material requirements and customer specifications.
- Performs quality assurance checks in accordance with customer specifications for bottle weights and various dimensions.
- Documents all production and production losses.
- Completes all mandatory reports.
- Knowledge of specific area's reliability, quality, scrap and safety goals.
- Follows all company and local work rules, safety rules and policies, BOS work instructions and SAP standards and activities.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Attends all required training sessions and weekly team meetings.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Responsibility and authority as outlined in the Quality Manual, Operational Procedures and all Instruction manuals.
- Functions within an ISO/Team environment effectively.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment as assigned.
- Un-jams conveyor systems.
- Ensures proper operation of palletizers, stretch wrappers, banding machines, trimmers labelers and other associated equipment.
- Supplies production lines with raw materials.
- Observes all local and Company safety policies and procedures as well as housekeeping requirements.
- Initiate action for food safety issues
- Previous mechanical experience/mechanically inclined
- Ability to perform basic maintenance and repairs on equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Use basic hand tools
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and to stand throughout entire shift
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Manual dexterity
- Good eye and hand coordination
- Effective communication skills
- Mechanically inclined as verifiable by transcript, reference, testing, or other approved methods.
- Good verbal communication skills as demonstrated in the context of the interviewing processes.
- Strong inter-personal skills as demonstrated in the context of the interviewing processes and verifiable references.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical and dental insurance (includes a vision discount program)
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Referral bonus program
Associated topics: builder, civil, construction, engineer, heat transfer, hvac, maintenance, mechanical, plumbing, turbine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...