Responsible for the planning, administration and control of assigned department activities, including departmental goals, objectives, processes, equipment, personnel and quality.
- Assists in setting controls and manufacturing schedules to fulfill commitments in meeting overall operational goals, department objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Performs machine/process set-ups and department work related tasks.
- Trains and directs associates who perform repetitive operations.
- Motivates, informs and assures associates that they are meeting production standards and quality objectives.
- Is responsible and accountable for following stated manufacturing, quality and safety procedures.
- Performs associate performance reviews, recommends methods and means for improvement.
- Is responsible for decisions on quality, quality of work or personnel actions such as release, transfer or discipline.
- Participates in management meetings, discussions and presentations.