Position is engaged in evaluating Truck Maintenance tools and repair procedures for various jobs/repairs performed by our field associates working out of Penske's Technology and Education Center (PTEC) in Reading, PA. This individual would assist in developing process maps and value stream mapping to identify opportunities to reduce repair/labor times and drive efficiencies.
Works with maintenance team as well as suppliers to identify tooling or repair procedures that may exist to impact labor productivity. Working with the maintenance support team and would be responsible for assisting/coordinating the development of New Tools, Improving existing tools and or procedures, if none exists.
This position is located at our Corporate offices in a beautiful country setting 7 miles South of Reading, PA which is a convenient commute with ample free and easy parking.
2675 Morgantown Rd Reading, Pennsylvania
- Develops/coordinates new tool evaluations by obtaining details of the tool and testing to ensure it works as expected. Designs new tooling with manufactures as needed to meet changing technology needs. Obtain patents when possible.
- Monitors and assist with development of all Maintenance repair Procedures/Policies. Works with Maintenance Services analytics group to gain data to identify repair proficiency opportunities. Develop procedures for new tools and to improve repair proficiency.
- Works with suppliers to identify new maintenance practices, repair procedures, maintenance interval needs. Conduct studies to determine impact of new products on Preventative Maintenance cycles.
- Designs process maps and value stream mapping for projects to improve productivity and proficiency for new and existing tools. Works with Maintenance Services team to have intervals and jobs created for these items.
- Other duties and tasks as required by manager
- Associate/Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering preferred
- Strong technical background in repair and maintenance of commercial vehicles
- 3-5 years' experience in a maintenance position with working knowledge of light / medium & heavy-duty vehicle mechanical background preferred. Associate should be a familiar with maintenance concerning OEM engine, chassis, braking diagnostics and / or electrical systems.
- Familiarization with AS-400 and Microsoft applications. Microsoft Access and Visio experience preferred
- Good analytical skills and presentation / communication skills required
- Familiarity with different OEM diagnostic software programs which include engine, chassis, ABS brake systems, refrigeration systems, etc. preferred
- Familiarity with vehicle telematics systems and other on-board devices (data-recorders / diagnostic snap-shots, etc.) preferred
- Familiarity with diesel repair facility shop tools and ability to research new technology preferred
- Ability to process map and value stream mapping of repairs required
- Strong design skills in developing repair procedures, including written communication as well as diagrams required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...