Supervises employees engaged in producing injection molded components used in company products. Plans and schedules production. Coordinates the changes, set-ups, and maintenance of injection molding machines and peripheral equipment. Trains employees.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the training of employees in molding machine operations, assembly, cleaning, packing, and safety procedures.
- Plans and organizes operations to meet the master schedule.
- Coordinates with Inventory and Warehousing personnel to provide for the availability of parts and material required in production.
- Coordinates the change and/or setup of damaged molds to meet revised production requirements.
- Coordinates the set-up and maintenance of peripheral equipment such as hot-stamps, glue guns, and drilling templates.
- Ensures quality of molded products and finished product by planning and coordinating the training of all molding personnel on company quality standards.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Reviews and closes all CAR's (Corrective Action Report) generated on shift in a timely manner.
- Ensures that standard operating procedures are developed, executed and updated in accordance with ISO guidelines in the areas of training, molding processes and maintenance.
- Trains, oversees and coordinates the work of the molding operators, line specialists, process technicians, material handlers and mold setters to ensure that projects are meeting all specifications in addition to being detailed, accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or technical degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment; injection plastic molding environment preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Advanced knowledge of plastic injection molding machinery and operations, auxiliary equipment and mold set-up procedures.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, and mechanical operations.
- Excellent knowledge of plant and machine safety.
- Must have very good math skills and the ability to work with measurements and ratios.
- Actively supports and complies with Pelican's objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensures that staff is contributing at maximum potential through rigorous hiring practices and an emphasis on training and development initiatives, including coaching and counseling direct reports in their performance and professional development, with final authority for approving pay increases, hiring decisions and disciplinary actions.
- Emphasizes ethical leadership and decision-making to protect Pelican's brand and reputation.
- Establishes challenging, productive and achievable goals for direct reports; measure results by establishing checkpoints to track progress.
- Must be able to travel, nationally and internationally, as necessary.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently required to execute standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. stand, walk, sit, use hands/fingers).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently required to execute non-standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch).
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- This position requires repetitive hand/wrist activities.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die