Operations Manager - 1st Shift
NESCO Resource in Syracuse, NY
- Type: Full Time
Busy and successful high volume manufacturer in Syracuse NY is seeking an experienced Production Manager to join their team. This is a 1st shift opportunity. Salary plus bonus and competitive benefits.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Proven ability to lead and motivate in a fast paced job shop.
- Ability and desire to lead a production team where success relies on your team's ability to identify bottlenecks and move resources to maximize throughput.
- Thrives in dynamic environments where short lead times and expedites are the norm.
- Deep knowledge of lean manufacturing tools and successful implementations that were sustained.
- Ability and desire to collaborate across multiple functions (Customer Service, Shipping, Maintenance, Engineering, Quality, Lab, Environmental Operations and Purchasing) in pursuit of shared corporate goals.
- Experience working with quality systems that are based on ISO, NADCAP and MIL Specifications.
- Engineering or Management degree with 7+ years of leading in a job shop
- Associates degree in Engineering or Management with 10+ years of leading in a job shop preferred
- High School degree with 15+ years of leading in a job shop in lieu of higher Ed. degree will be considered
Associated topics: forklift, fork lift, lawn, mow, plant, plant management, production management, scanner, ship, transplant