Nesco Resource is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician for a full-time position in the Scotia, NY area. This position will be responsible for a variety of work to ensure that the facilities of the plant and infrastructure are maintained in a safe and effective working condition. Maintenance Tech's will be expected to perform a variety of semi-skilled construction, electrical work, plumbing, and carpentry work. Candidates will be expected to be familiar with lathes, drills, and welding equipment, along with compressors, boilers, and conveyors. Candidates will also be expected to adjust water softeners, repair water main lines, and repair light fixtures.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- 4-8 years' experience OR an Associate's degree in related field required
- Specialized training in Electrical, Mechanical, and/or Welding strongly preferred
- Excellent organization, communication, and computer skills
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to work any two ten hour shifts on a rotation basis
- Able to walk, lift, reach, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel and crouch
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
Pay Rate: $15.00 - $20.00/hour based on experience
Hours: 5:30am 4:00pm (With OT as necessary)
Candidates applying for this position can expect to work 45 hours a week minimumNesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Associated topics: automotive, calibrate, field service, machine repair, maintenance, maintenance technician, mechanical, millwright, service technician, upgrade