CI Strategic Projects BB
Momentive Performance Materials in Middletown, OH
- Industry: Engineering - Industrial Engineer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $76,025.00 - 120,510.00 / Year*
Position Title:CI Strategic Projects BB
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Strategic Projects BlackBelt is a member of the CI team reporting to the Director, Continuous Improvement Strategic Projects.
Critical Continuous Improvement role that will help lead the identification, prioritization, successful execution, and sustainability of Strategic Continuous Improvement Projects across the Company. Job scope includes delivering improvements in productivity, capacity, waste elimination, yield & defect reduction, and driving stable operations across sites, businesses, regions, and globally.
Objectives are to partner with Business, Functional, and Operations Teams & Leaders to lead the successful execution of key Strategic Projects across sites, businesses, regions, and globally. Effective application of CI tools including Value Stream Mapping, Gemba, Kaizen, Changeover Reduction, OEE, Visual Workplace, SPC, and others will be critical to success in the role.
Also critical to the role is ensuring the application of strong Project Management & DMAIC methodologies, ensuring project sustainability; and replication across sites, businesses, regions, and globally as appropriate.
Remote work option flexibility is available.
Multiple global locations appropriate AMR, APAC, EMEAI
- Consistent with Strategic Objectives, execute large-scale Projects, Kaizens, and other CI events to drive breakthrough levels of improvement in process capabilities, productivity, quality, cost, and other key drivers of successful business performance for Momentive
- Build and leverage strong Finance Partnerships to ensure clear line of site to how project success support key Business Metrics of EBITA Growth & Potential, Capacity Creation, Cost & Cash Flow Improvements including CapEx Efficiency & Avoidance, and Safety
- Leverage CI Performance Model Metrics (especially OEE and Right First Time) to help ensure project success & sustainability; and to create forward-looking views of future constraints and opportunities
- Identify opportunities and help the organization execute Kaizen ahead of Capital
- Partner with Enterprise Development Team to provide appropriate coaching, training, and development of shop floor employees, CI Practitioner, and Sponsors in CI tools & methodologies to ensure project success, sustainability, and ongoing improvements
- Provide on the ground technical support as needed to strengthen the capability and skill set of site CI Experts and Practitioners
Partner with the organization to drive business success through the strategic application of CI tools and methodologies. Align key stakeholders, Sponsors, and the CI Leader to obtain the necessary resources and to remove roadblocks.
Minimum of 7 years experience in Continuous Improvement, Quality, and/or Operations or Engineering with a strong focus and demonstrated results leveraging Lean & SixSigma tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated Leadership of cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills (including DMAIC) and proven success leading large scale improvement projects
- BlackBelt and/or Lean Certification strongly preferred; Project Management a plus
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally 25 - 50% of the time and potentially take on short-term international assignments. Travel will fluctuate based on business needs and project specifics.
- Good written and oral English communication skills
- Prior experience in a full-time Continuous Improvement / BlackBelt role (preferred Chemical Manufacturing or similar Continuous processes)
- Demonstrated Engineering & Problem-Solving Aptitude
- Prior experience leading cross-functional teams with demonstrated Change Management skills
- Energetic self-starter with strong leadership skills
- Proven track record of delivering on commitments and driving sustainable performance
- Proficient in:
- Policy Deployment and creating alignment through Cascading Objectives
- DMAIC, PDCA, Project Management
- Statistical Analysis and Interpretation including Designed Experiments
- Project Team Leadership
- Value Stream Mapping
- Kaizen Facilitation
- Root Cause Analysis
- Visual Management, Visual Factory, and 5S
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Operations Management, or a related field of study
- Chemical Engineering is a plus
- Track record of leading Continuous Improvement efforts with demonstrated sustained outcomes
- Strong analytical expertise coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to all levels
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Associated topics: agriculture, air, air monitoring, bioassay, environment, farm, field, food, sustainable, waste
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!