Field Service Technician - Laboratory Products
Compensation: $33,140.00 - $49,430.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
We have one of the largest global service and sales organizations among precision instrumentation companies, and we need to add to this team immediately in Newark, territory. We are currently hiring a Laboratory Field Service Technician. In this role, you will perform installations, preventive maintenance, certifications, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing Mettler Toledo laboratory equipment including balances and peripherals at customer locations. This product category includes auto-titrators, density meters, refractometers, and thermal analyzers.
Your responsibilities would include:
* Maintaining inventory necessary to meet a high first-time-fix-rate
* Travelling overnight 75% - 80% of the time
* Working evenings and weekends occasionally
* Lifting and carrying 50+ pounds occasionally
* Standing and squatting for long periods of time
* Working out of your home at or near Newark
What You Need to Succeed
* Worked in field service or have related experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
* Installation, preventive maintenance, and repair skills and can keep track of job assignments and a detailed schedule.
* The ability to identify the root causes of service issues the first time using your keen knowledge of the products and your comfort with hand tools and calibration equipment.
* Excellent customer service skills, detail orientation, and great verbal and written communication skills.
* The discipline to update service records on time and ensure data integrity.
* The desire and ability to promote and sell services and products.
* Generating sales leads is a requirement.
* An Associate's degree with a focus on electronics or a combination of degree and relevant work experience.
* A valid driver's license and a safe driving history
* We consider experience in the field of chemistry a plus
Our Offer to You
* A company car with paid insurance for your work and personal use
* All tools and equipment needed to perform the job and a clothing allowance
* Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching - all starting on date of hire
* Tuition reimbursement, educational matching gift program, perks and discounts
* All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
* Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing
* A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
* Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards
* A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment.
About Mettler Toledo
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We manufacture, sell, and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes.
* We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe.
* We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world.
* Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
No matter how far human kind goes to explore new frontiers, Mettler Toledo is there to help make it happen.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at ...@mt.com
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong.
Job Reference #
Associated topics: breakdown, calibrate, customer service, diagnose, field service, field service technician, machine repair, malfunction, mechanical, repair
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...