The Electrical Systems Engineer (Maintenance) provides technical expertise to develop and improve manufacturing processes through visual systems, automation and advanced levels of process control. The Maintenance Systems Electrical Engineer also develops, plans, organizes, and manages capital, reliability, and process improvement projects for specific areas in the plantThe Electrical Systems Engineer (Maintenance) provides technical expertise to develop and improve manufacturing processes through visual systems, automation and advanced levels of process control. The Maintenance Systems Electrical Engineer also develops, plans, organizes, and manages capital, reliability, and process improvement projects for specific areas in the plant
* Design, development and implementation of visual systems to help reduce errors and reduce cost through increased manufacturing efficiency.
* Provide technical support to operations management as necessary.
* Combine theoretical and practical knowledge toward innovation of new products and processes.
* Manage project resources, budgets, and schedules.
* Participate on various teams focused on product conception and/or product development. This work will be customer focused and may include assignments as project leader.
* Work independently on smaller projects from conception to completion. This work will include \"hands-on\" type projects.
* Work in cross-functional teams to support business goals and objectives
* Thoroughly document all technical work that is completed. This will include technical report writing.
* Function as a shared resource within the production value streams for assistance in difficult problem solving.
* Lead and/or contribute to continuous improvement and six sigma project teams.
* Support plant safety initiatives through active involvement in the safety process.
* A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering is required
This individual will possess:
* 5-10 years previous experience in a manufacturing and/or research and development environment with responsibility for design and maintenance of automated control systems.
* Preferred experience includes casting of aluminum alloys, process and product development, FEA experience, control system engineering, and software engineering.
* Proven ability to work in a low supervision environment while successfully meeting goals.
* Self-motivated, open minded and mechanically inclined.
* Willingness to work around large manufacturing equipment and furnaces.
* Experience managing technical projects/initiatives in a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Strong PC skills, including Windows, Word, Excel, various data collection and analysis packages.
* Proficient in data acquisition, analysis, and report writing.
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal & presentations).
* Proven ability to work in teams.
* Lean-Sigma experience is a plus
Maintenance / Reliability
0 - 10%
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, maintain, maintenance, satcom, satellite, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.