Ann Arbor, MI
We are looking to add to our team a Plant Manager who will be responsible for leading all production operations including supervision, maintenance, and quality to achieve established organizational goals.
Looking for a Plant Manager with strong experience in automotive tier1, tier 2 metal stamping based applications having strong abilities to run a medium size plant, manage the annual plant budget, monitor and continuously improve upon plant wide performance and have strong experience in plant P&L reporting.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Oversight of plant operations and leadership of production lines and work cells and related components in stamping operations
- Responsible for plant wide operating budgets and performance and P&L reporting
- Ensure that all production activities comply with established safety requirements, laws and regulations
- Mentor and support production supervisors to develop and ensure a safe, capable and productive workforce
- Set and achieve daily, monthly and yearly production plans and schedules to meet Company s goals.
- Calculate, procure, implement and monitor resources (labor, material & equipment) required to achieve production plans on time in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Lead continuous improvement processes to drive improvement and reduce costs
- Ensure that established quality standards and requirements are being met by all production personnel and outside process vendors
- Participate with Engineering in the new product design process to facilitate manufacturability and Profit/Loss objectives.
- Develop, implement, monitor and achieve operational business metrics including Profit and Loss.
- 4 year degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years plant management experience in a manufacturing environment in metal stamping processes in the automotive OEM applications industry with oversight of plant operations and leadership of production lines and work cells and related components
- Strong experience and understanding of plant wide operating budgets and performance and P&L reporting
- Strong demonstrated leadership, team building, and advanced coaching skills
- Strong demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess, and develop employee skills with abilities to communicate and solve complex business problems, influence others and facilitate the resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, suppliers and customer base
- Experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing principles including Six Sigma, 5S etc
- Experience with plant monitoring performance tools ( KPI s, Dashboards)
- Strong understanding of metal stamping, bending, shaping, finishing, metal fabrication, joining processes, metal tube bending and polishing processes
- Experience with ERP/MRP software in a production environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software or equivalent
Please submit your resume for this Plant Manager position.
Associated topics: forklift, inventory, manage, mow, plant, plant management, production management, prune, scanner, ship