Mid-size south eastern located Chemical Plant is seeking a change agent. The candidate will report to the Vice President, Operations and will oversees activities in safety, environmental, production, maintenance. The candidate will be responsible for cultivating a positive culture, mentoring/developing direct reports and driving results.
An attractive compensation package including a Generous Relocation Package, Salary, Bonus, Vacation Pay Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and Matching 401(k) Plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Operating in an environment that reinforces Safety, Continuous Improvement and Employee Engagement, the Plant Manager will:
- Have oversight for the manufacturing facility including the direct supervision of Operation s Managers, a H&S Manager, an Environmental Manager and a Maintenance Manager, while indirectly managing a 24 hour/7 day a week union production department of 120+ employees.
- Manage facility with a results-driven framework focused on safety, environmental compliance, quality and continuous improvement to meet customer demand and company goals.
- Develop a culture which minimizes risks throughout the facility and ensures compliance with regulations, policies and procedures, including PSM, ISO, and food safety.
- Lead root cause analysis for improvement activities, incidents and quality issues and ensures that corrective actions are complete.
- Control costs to the budget and suggest value creation projects to improve the financial health of the organization.
- Set, monitors and uses the facility KPI s to drive efficiencies and value throughout the organization. Regularly communicates with staff to achieve mutual understanding and desired results.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Manage activities related to material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving. Monitors forecasts to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities, in close relation with international Supply Chain department.
- Oversee the production schedule and overall process optimization efforts. Work with cross-functional teams to resolve equipment and process issues. Oversees the development of improvement and optimization projects and submits projects as necessary for review and approval.
- Manage and develops all employees. This includes recruiting, hiring, coaching, mentoring and giving proper performance feedback. Identifies training requirements and develops the skill-set within the team to support existing and new technologies.
- Some travel required potentially international.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the chemical or petroleum field.
- Bachelor s degree in Chemical Engineering, MBA preferred.
- Proven leadership experience with a minimum of 10 years leadership experience in a chemical or Mfg industry.
- Strong leader who is results-driven with focus on future growth and optimization.
- Familiarization with thermal plastic resin preferred.
- Must have ability to interface with diverse teams, including vendors, business line management, operators, maintenance, project management, engineering, and colleagues in other global production facilities
- Computer Proficiency in all MS Office Software Applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and SAP.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with proven time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- High degree of personal responsibility and initiative is required. Must possess a high level of integrity as well as excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with various departments. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others. Strong team building skills and has the ability to take decisions based upon known data.
- Strong team building skills and has the ability to take decisions based upon known data.
Associated topics: garden, inventory, lawn, manage, mow, plant, plant management, prune, scanner, transplant