Manufacturing Engineer / Supervisor
Compensation: $84,160.00 - $118,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION:Position: Manufacturing Engineer/ SupervisorBE: OperationsReports to:Operations ManagerPurpose:Job Requirements:
To oversee and manage the teams in the 3rd
shift manufacturing areas to ensure production lines are successful. Also, partnering in the noncompliance reporting/ documentation and process engineering projects in relations to printing and collating processing. Responsibilities:
- Manager/Supervises a staff of production personnel and technicians in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost (SQDC) elements:
- Ensure production output meets customer requirements:
- Unit production
- Quality performance
- Maintain acceptable product margin performance
- Manage cyclical order demand order fulfillment
- Specific work tasks.
- Manufacturing capability
- Production Numbering
- Comp Room Job Prep
- Maintain Production Daily Schedule
- Responsible for mentoring and documents policy noncompliance
- List Scheduling shift PTO to insure personnel coverage
- Works towards achieving long and short-term business objectives:
- Cross training personnel to insure coverage
- Leads and participates in Kaizen events
- Ensures continuous 5S activity with monthly assessments
- Process Engineering projects.
- Requirements listed in LMS for role.
- Product knowledge
- Six-Sigma and Lean methodologies
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Has successfully defined, planned, and facilitated the development of a manufacturing special process cell from start up to full production
- Proven track record of measurable results with applied metrics to support a LEAN enterprise
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplined team within a matrixed organization
- Drive KPI consolidation to support all Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost (SQDC) initiatives
- Ability to develop and execute project plans to include key milestones and objectives and report on such on a regular basis to various levels of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/mechanical engineering or equivalent education
- 5+ years' experience in leading-edge lean manufacturing or process-oriented environments in a supervisory or management level
- Experience with production environments including designing, building, and/or debugging printing press and/or collators desired.
- Computer literate and experienced with Microsoft Office and SAP.
- 0% travel may be required during peak periods
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...