Chief, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (Winchester)
Informs Publications Committee in Winchester, VA
- Industry: Manufacturing - Production/Plant Management
- Type: Full Time
PubsOnLine will be experiencing maintenance from 5-8pm EDT on Friday, March 13 (with the potential for additional maintenance from 5-8pm EDT on Saturday, March 14), and will be inaccessible during this time.
Editor-in-Chief, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (M&SOM)
Deadline for Nominations: March 15, 2020
The final term of Professor Chris Tang as editor-in-chief of the M&SOM journal will expire on December 31, 2020. Based on recommendations from the INFORMS Publications Committee, the president of INFORMS has appointed a committee to conduct a full search for a new editor-in-chief. The committee intends to propose a candidate for approval by INFORMS no later than June 1, 2020.
All members of INFORMS are invited to participate in this process. The committee seeks your opinions and comments on (1) the current state of the journal; (2) recommendations for change, if any; and (3) candidates for editor-in-chief.
Qualifications for the editor-in-chief of M&SOM will include:
- A demonstrated interest in a broad range of topics in the field
- A demonstrated record of excellence in research in the field
- Dedication and enthusiasm for M&SOM
- Vision of the role of scholarly publications in the electronic and open-access age
- Commitment to the workload involved
- Ability to effectively, efficiently, and equitably manage the editorial board and the editorial process
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with people
Members of the search committee are Felipe Caro (UCLA), Carri Chan (Columbia University), Maria Mayorga (NC State University and committee liaison from the INFORMS Publications Committee), Kamalini Ramdas (London Business School), Brian Tomlin (Dartmouth), and Tava Olsen (University of Auckland and committee chair).
Please submit comments, recommendations, and nominations (including self-nominations) by March 15, 2020. The information should be sent (preferably by email) to the chair of the M&SOM Editorial Search Committee:
- Department of Information Systems and Operations Management
Sign Up for INFORMS Publications Updates and News
The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
5521 Research Park Drive, Suite 200
Catonsville, MD 21228 USA
phone 1 443-###-####
phone 2 800-4INFORMS (800-###-####)
Copyright 2020 INFORMS. All Rights Reserved
- Contact INFORMS
Associated topics: forklift, garden, inventory, manage, management, mow, plant, production management, ship, watering
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Winchester, VA!