Performs semiconductor manufacturing and support equipment's preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, upgrades, and modifications as assigned within the wafer fabrication and finishing areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Capable of demonstrating a working knowledge of problem solving, fault finding, and analysis using a range of standard practices and techniques.
- Possesses a working knowledge of job specific technical theory and practices, basic knowledge of general theory and analysis techniques.
- Reads and understands electronic, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and facilities schematics. Has the ability to repair electronic circuitry to the board level.
- Understands and is technically capable using various types of commercial and vendor proprietary software in the process of repairing production equipment.
- Maintains hazardous and inert gas handling systems to include cylinder changes. Orders parts and materials that are required to complete assigned tasks.
- Works with minimal supervision on routine tasks.
- Helps to train fellow technicians on tasks they are certified to do.
- Basic understanding of chemistry and the hazards of working with and around chemicals.
- Occasional lifting of objects of up to 70 pounds.
- Repairs and maintains chemical and solvent handling equipment.
- Repairs and calibrates process equipment requiring high vacuum equipment and associated support systems.
- Assists the Equipment Engineers and Senior Equipment Maintenance Technicians.
- Responsible for spare and repair parts ordering.
- Performs daily checks and inspections.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
AE and 4 - 7 years of experience in equipment maintenance.
Equivalent Military experience will also be considered.
Prefer 2+ years working experience in the semi-conductor industry.
Training in the handling of hazardous chemicals, gases, and materials
Ability to read, analyze technical procedures, documentation, instruction manuals, and or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, technical specifications, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: breakdown, customer service, equipment, machine repair, maintenance, maintenance mechanic, malfunction, millwright, troubleshoot, upgrade