Associate - MMC Strategy & Corporate Development
Compensation: $107,113.33 - $61,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Marsh & McLennan Companies, mergers and acquisitions have been a cornerstone of our growth strategy. We've conducted more than 100 acquisitions since 2010 and have spent more than $1b each of the past few years. Through these transactions, we've diversified our business, expanded geographically and established ourselves as leaders in key markets. We also added significant new talent to our organization. MMC's Strategy & Corporate Development group is primarily responsible for sourcing and executing M&A transactions across all of MMC's Operating Companies - Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer and Oliver Wyman. The ten person group is also responsible for driving key internal strategic projects.
As an Associate within the Strategy & Corporate Development team, you'll be a key member primarily responsible for managing the execution of M&A across MMC's four operating companies. You'll cover transaction management - managing the day to day deal process of performing diligence, liaising with functional and commercial leaders and participating in management meetings. You'll conduct financial analysis, valuation modeling, presentation writing, and manage relationships with third party advisors. You'll be part of team of seven colleagues and report to the Head of Corporate Development while having the ability to work with each of the three Managing Directors / Directors.
The success of our M&A efforts depends in large part on the ability of our team to leverage their market knowledge, relationships and critical thinking skills to source attractive targets, champion acquisitions and properly evaluate target companies.
In this role you will be responsible for:
* Transaction Management experience: the day-to-day deal process, including forming working groups and organizing diligence teams, managing due diligence information flow, arranging and participating in diligence meetings with target, quarterback due diligence process, including various functional areas, facilitate required transaction approvals.
* Client Management: working with business deal sponsors to guide them through process, field their input on the business case and deal risks, and managing their expectations.
* Financial Analysis and Valuation Modeling: Build and oversee development of DCF models - analyze historical financial statements, develop projections and synergy cases with management, calculate return metrics (e.g., IRR, payback, ROIC, EPS accretion/dilution), develop sensitivities and form view on transaction structure
* Risk Identification: Perform due diligence and identify both deal and due diligence risks. Work with transaction team to determine mitigating strategies
* External Relationships: Manage and work with third-party advisors in due diligence (e.g., accounting, tax, legal)
* Internal Projects: Conduct ad-hoc research and analysis to support strategic initiatives, Board and Executive Committee presentations and other activities. Writing industry primers and researching/analyzing potential acquisition targets
We'd like you to have:
* M&A transaction experience from origination to due diligence and closing (i.e., investment banking, corporate development, private equity, management consulting, etc.)
* Superior financial modeling and valuation skills with keen attention to detail
* Demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to thrive operating in a fast-paced, demanding and changing environment
* Self-motivated; take initiative; able and willing to work collaboratively in a small team
* Demonstrate superior proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
What makes you ideal for the role- but is not required:
* Familiarity with debt and equity transactions and various forms of financing
* Foreign language skills are a plus
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's nearly 65,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annual revenue over $15 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk; reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients.
For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Associated topics: actuarial, actuarial assistant, analyst, assistant actuary, associate actuary, director actuary, investment actuary, mathmatics, model, risk
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...