Co-ops & Internships
HUSCO International in Maquoketa, IA
- Industry: Manufacturing - Production/Plant Management
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $74,120.00 - 103,340.00 / Year*
Co-ops & Internships
November 5, 2019 | Waukesha, WI Whitewater, WI Maquoketa, IA
There are positions available at our Waukesha, WI, Whitewater, WI & Maquoketa, IA facilities.
Husco provides engineering students the opportunity to pursue a career in engineering within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Students work closely with experienced engineers and interact with all levels of the Husco organization. Under the direction of a Department Manager or designee, the Co-Op or Intern will be assigned a variety of substantive duties ranging from routine to special projects related to the course of study and functional aspects of the department. Interns and Co-ops are given responsibility for specific processes and tasks and will be accountable for results. Time could be spent on project teams, in labs, and/or on the shop floor depending upon assignment.
WORK ON COOL PROJECTS LIKE
- Product design and prototype builds
- Supplier development
- Product build and production line development and launch
- Program launch and first pass yield reduction
- Participate in prototype builds; Conduct design verification testing; Root cause issue analysis; Design fixtures for builds and testing (Pro-E); Perform tolerance analysis on critical design features; Validation / capability studies on new products.
- Assist with run-off and documentation of new equipment; Design assembly fixtures, part trays and/or process improvements; Layout workstations using 5S methodology; Train operators in proper use of equipment; Perform Gage R&R, capability and correlation studies on new equipment
- Process documentation and improvement studies; Utilize six sigma tools and methods while designing and developing assembly techniques and testing procedures; Utilize process stream mapping for developing assembly cell and plant layouts; utilize error proofing techniques in new processes.
- Engineering student enrolled in a school sponsored Co-op or Intern program
- Mechanical, electrical or automotive engineering focus preferred
- Completion of standard academic classes in Math, English, and Business
- Must have 2.9 GPA or higher
- This position requires strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility
- Willingness to learn and take on routine, non-routine and project job responsibilities
- Strong team player and contributor
Associated topics: assembly, cae, catia, design, mechanic, mechanism, msme, rotordynamic, turbine, vehicle
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!