- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- $108,680.00 -159,340.00/year*
Software Engineer - Composable Fabric Manager
Software Engineer-Composable Fabric
The Composable Fabric team is seeking a software engineer to grow, improve, and maintain the Composable Fabric Manager product which manages and empowers data center infrastructure through a flexible, programmable and dynamic network fabric.
This role is cross-functional and dynamic; engineers will design and build new network-centric features and integration paths atop Converged Infrastructure, vSphere, OpenStack, Big Data and other mission-critical application hosting platforms.
Composable Fabric engineers enjoy solving problems in a team environment engaged in cloud-centric product development and research, challenging computer science topics while building lasting, relevant value for customers.
We are looking for a mix of technology experience; successful candidates need not have exposure to 100% of the technologies listed. Strong candidates will have a willingness to learn new platforms and gain depth in those they already work with.
* 1+ year experience developing with Python and/or Erlang in a professional
* Experience building Python web services with REST APIs (knowledge of related RFCs is a plus)
* Experience interfacing with virtualization environments such as VMware vSphere, OpenStack, Xen and Hyper-V
* Experience interfacing with Linux container environments such as Docker, Red Hat OpenShift, and Kubernetes
* Experience interfacing with network switch or controller APIs such as VMware/NSX/Nicira, Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Brocade
* Experience interfacing with storage controller APIs such as Simplivity and Nutanix
* Experience working with different IT life-cycle environments (DevOps, Integration, Production)
* Experience maintaining/contributing to open source projects and/or forks
* Experience with Git, Jenkins, and IFTTT (hands-on StackStorm experience is a plus)
* Experience practicing Agile, Scrum, and Test-Driven development
Education and Experience Required:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
* Typically 6-10 years experience.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values
* Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
* Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
* Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world?s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Associated topics: algorithm, back end, c c++, develop, developer, java, perl, php, python, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...