3rd Shift Production Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Date: Mar 16, 2020
Interested in working with one of the markets leading manufacturers* The Greenheck Group is a leading growth-focused, environmentally conscious, commercial HVAC manufacturer. Join our team which proudly designs and manufactures the most comprehensive line of ventilation products in the industry. The Greenheck Group is a dynamic multi- branded international organization. Our equipment is used worldwide in commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities, ranging from comfort ventilation to manufacturing processes. Our efficient products improve comfort, safety, and health of lives across the planet. Since 1947, we are deeply committed to helping you Build Your Future, through professional growth, challenging leadership roles, and exciting opportunities around the world.
*** Due to COVID-19, we are pausing our interview process for this position. We encourage you to apply; however, please expect delays in the recruitment process for this role. ***
Directly supervise manufacturing operations. Support corporate net sales objectives by striving to continually meet or exceed production plans, schedule attainment metrics, productivity goals, and other key performance indicators while maintaining superior product quality, a safe work environment, and employee relations.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Direct supervision of hourly production employees. Monitor work performance issues, maintain appropriate records, prepare and conduct attendance and work performance reprimands. Prepare and conduct team leader and probationary performance reviews. Answer daily inquiries and assist in solving shop floor problems. Address non-performing employees and work teams effectively.
* Achieve productivity goals and make necessary staffing adjustments to capture productivity project savings.
* Support procedures and work with Material Specialists to ensure inventory is properly managed and kept accurate.
* Organize and implement the daily production plan for the respective area of responsibility.
* Communicate staffing and efficiency changes of critical work centers and monitor daily execution against the plan to determine capacity changes (overtime or employee transfers) required to execute the schedule.
* Utilize ERP system to support labor and manufacturing processes.
* Maintain work areas to meet or exceed company 5S and safety standards.
* Manages shop floor vacations in order to ensure the production plan is executed.
* Ensures employees have a safe work environment.
* Performs monthly safety training with shop floor employees.
* Ensure safety guidelines are followed by production employees.
* Coordinate with maintenance personnel the upkeep and repair of tools and machinery to maximize operating capacity and longevity.
* Maintain good working knowledge of current labor agreement and applicable government regulations.
* Assure that employees are thoroughly trained and properly assigned on a daily basis.
* Support and participate in continuous improvement activities.
* Provide direction to the shop for any issues with production orders including special design requests.
* Coordinate with engineering on any problem orders going through production.
* Work closely with team leaders to ensure their development and that they have all the necessary tools to complete their job.
* Develop a cross trained work force.
Job Qualifications: (Right-Click for Options)
* Work requires a professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, which is equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regular four-year college program. Or an Associate s degree Or equivalent work experience.
* Between 1-3 years of work experience is required.
* SAP & MMI experience preferred but not required.
* Continuous improvement training preferred but not required.
* Must have the ability to work to in a flexible work environment and adapt to change quickly
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
Why join the Greenheck family*
Our benefit packages and salaries are among the best in our industry. Benefits may vary slightly by location, but usually include:
Prescription drug benefits
Paid vacations and holidays
401(k) Retirement savings plan
On-site clinic and fitness center (Schofield location)
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible spending accounts for medical or dependent care expenses
Employee Wellness Program
Want to hear more about the Greenheck culture* Take a look for yourself!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Greenheck Group is an at will and Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: fertilize, inventory, lawn, manufacture, mow, plant, plant management, production management, prune, scanner
Loading some great jobs for you...