Research Engineer - Advanced Machining
Compensation: $107,230.00 - $200,310.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
As an Advanced Machining Engineer, you will work with a world-class team of engineers and scientists to advance the state of the art in conventional machining of GE products. You will conduct research, design, optimization, and deployment of machining processes that extend the range of producibility for novel product designs.Essential Responsibilities:
- Apply analytical and lab hands-on skills to design, prototype, and validate next generation manufacturing processes for shaping, machining, and finishing metals, ceramics, and composite materials.
- Work with GE Research and GE businesses teams to identify customer requirements and define manufacturing process specifications.
- Develop tools and methods to enhance machining process capabilities, considering cost, schedule, and quality trade-offs.
- Help develop diagnostics and monitoring strategies to enhance process robustness.
- Collaborate with novel materials and nonconventional machining teams to develop criteria and tools for cost and performance trade-off studies
- Work with GE Research team to build hardware and software system prototypes to meet customer requirements.
- Follow a manufacturing readiness level scorecard to drive the manufacturing process development from benchtop testing through factory pilot implementation.
- Participate in the development of technology strategy and implementation of actionable multi-generational technology plans for manufacturing.
- Formulate plans for assigned projects and work with leadership and customers to track progress toward project deliverables.
- Effectively document and communicate results by preparing written reports and delivering oral presentations.
- Doctorate Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field OR Master's Degree in the same with a minimum of 2 years of industrial experience in manufacturing process development or supply chain operations.
- Proficiency in machining process development and implementation within economic constraints.
- Significant experience with 2 or more conventional machining technologies (e.g. milling, turning, broaching).
- Knowledge of solid modeling and exposure to one or more commercial CAD/CAM systems (e.g. NX, Solidworks).
- Experience in creating algorithms and software to solve technical problems, and experience in computer programming (e.g. C#, Python, Java, MATLAB).
- Demonstrated ability to independently perform analytical and experimental research work.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment
visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- Proficiency in experimental design and data analysis.
- Demonstrated curiosity, critical thinking, and ability to conduct research independently.
- Familiarity with a range of manufacturing processes and operations outside of machining, e.g., inspection, non-conventional machining, welding.
- Exposure to emerging manufacturing trends, such as Industry 4.0, digital manufacturing, additive manufacturing.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and thrive in an applied research environment.
- Demonstrated skills in converting high-level customer needs into technical problem statements.
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to function on an interdisciplinary team to execute research projects.
- Record of publications and innovation evidenced by peer reviewed journal articles, conference proceedings, technical books, or issued patents.
- Strong influencing skills with customers, upper-level management, and project teams.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;New York;Niskayuna;
Associated topics: circuit, computer engineering, electrical engineering, electronic, informatic, information technology, malware, programmer, robotics, software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...