Role Summary:Performs diverse and complex assignments in support of GEHC fiber manufacturing processes. Assignments may include, but are not limited to: setup of diverse equipment within set parameters, trouble-shoot issues through machine parameters, work cross-functionally with Facilities and Manufacturing Engineers to obtain desired results, and collect and report all pertinent data.
* Follow work instructions (WI) to sustain production * Provide evaluation and constructive feedback in the development of internal and external engineering and manufacturing documentation needed * Perform ID/OD measurements using Microscope and collect data (in-line tests of fiber) * Perform basic trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution. * Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw conclusions * Collect and label fiber * Provide input for Productivity, quality, and safety improvements on the lines * Use hand tools daily * Interface with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of material and information * Support Cartridge Assembly manufacturing as necessary * Construct and assist in Design of Experiments * Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals * Comply with EHS and QMS regulations and policies
Qualifications/Requirements:1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma and a minimum of 2 years technical experience
2. Demonstrated ability to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
3. Demonstrated ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
4. Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
5. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
6. Proven ability to work well among a diverse team
7. Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
8. Familiarity with Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, as well a Microsoft Office Suite.
Desired Characteristics:1. Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
2. Prior experience with Membrane manufacturing
3. Experience in reading electrical schematics and component level troubleshooting in electrical panels.
4. General understanding of National Instruments embedded controllers and the LabVIEW programming environment.
5. Past experience in using multimeters, hydrometers, viscometers or other testing equipment.
6. Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Massachusetts;Westborough; Associated topics: diagram, dsp, electric, electrical engineer, electrician, image processing, plc, schema, transmission, wiring
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.