The Manufacturing Quality Control Technician performs gross non-conformance, integrity, and final testing of finished microfiltration and ultrafiltration products/assemblies to verify product meets specifications and are free of damage or defects.
* Follow work instructions to sustain production * Perform stress tests, bubble point tests, air diffusion tests, gross nonconformance tests, water flux tests, and mixed dextran tests on a variety of microfiltration and ultrafiltration cartridges. * Identify and segregate any failures * Provide evaluation and constructive feedback in the development of internal and external engineering and manufacturing documentation needed * Provide input for Productivity, quality, and safety improvements on the lines * Use hand tools, fixtures, and jigs daily * Interface with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of material and information * Support Cartridge Assembly manufacturing as necessary * Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals * Be willing and able to lift a maximum of 50lbs * Willing and able to handle Chemicals such as: alcohol, glycerin, and bleach. * Comply with EHS and QMS regulations and policies
Other Quality Specific Goals:
1. Knowledge and understanding of acceptance activity requirements for in-process and final testing requirements (as associated with job type/position) to ensure that a device conforms to its specification and out of specification items are properly handled.
2. Knowledge and understanding of Deviations, Concessions, Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification & Segregation, documentation configuration control practices; documentation & disposition of non-conforming material, and Good Documentation Practices requirements, as associated with this job type/position
3. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
4. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
5. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
6. Training: Aware of and comply with GEHC training requirements
1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma with a minimum of 2 years technical experience
2. Demonstrated ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, failures, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
3. Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
4. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
5. Proven ability to work well among a diverse team
6. Ability to communicate well using English
7. Familiarity with Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, as well a Microsoft Office Suite.
8. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment
visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
1. Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
2. Prior experience with filtration testing and manufacturing
3. Past experience in using hydrometers, pressure gauges and other testing equipment.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Massachusetts;Westborough; Associated topics: defect, qa, qa tech, quality, quality assurance, quality control/quality assurance, quality manager, quality technician, requalification, test
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.