Role Summary:The Manufacturing Quality and Inspection Technician performs incoming product inspection of products, assemblies and compounds for good manufacturing/laboratory practices (GMP/GLP) to verify product meets specifications and are free of damage or defects. Uploading certification packages for finished products to be provided to customers.
Essential Responsibilities:1. Documenting/Recording Information - Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form. Inspecting Hardware equipment to ensure it meets the specifications provided to our vendors.
2. Uploading certificates for our customers.
3. Analyzing Data or Information - Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
4. Provide Consultation and Advice to Others - Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
5. Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others - Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
6. Verify conformance to specifications and protocols and report outcomes.
7. Mark items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status.
8. Comply with EHS regulations & policies.
Qualifications/Requirements:1. 4 years working experience in Quality. Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Quality inspection. Auditing and testing experience.
3. Experience with implementation of corrective action programs.
4. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, QA applications and databases.
5. Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA.
6. Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements.
7. Ability to speak, understand, read, and write in local language
8. Proficient with software applications applicable to the job
Desired Characteristics:1. Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
2. Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
3. Communicating with Managers, Project managers, project engineers and Quality Assurance - Providing information to QA, co-workers, and hardware team by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
4. Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge - Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
5. Processing Information - Compiling, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
6. Interacting with Computers - Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
7. Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others - Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
8. Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others - Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
9. Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
10. Communicating with Persons Outside the hardware department - Representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
11. Communicating with Persons Outside the hardware department - Representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
12. Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with QMS standards.
13. Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Massachusetts;Westborough; Associated topics: calibrate, criteria, defect, qa, qa tech, quality assurance, quality check, quality control/quality assurance, quality technician, test
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.